Chapter 8-The Will

Keaton's POV

I sighed, "they got access to your mothers will." I stopped and looked her directly in the eyes. "And since you are under 18 you can't legally choose where you go from here." I said. She looked scared and since she i had my arm around her i hugged her in closer to show I was going to do everything I could to take care of her.

"I don't want to leave," a small tear slipped down her cheek. I whiped it off and kissed her on the forehead. "You don't have to leave quite yet, the police know your aloud to be here till your new legal guardian is contacted and ready for you." I stopped and looked at her. "And Mom is going to try and fight for your custody."

I turned to the TV and she shivered a bit, I don't know weither it was from fear or if she was cold. Just to be safe I reached beside me and threw a blanket over us.

It was about 11:00 and I heard Mom come downstairs. "Hey Keat your not going to school tommorow, its the reading of the Will." She turned her glance to Cora. "You better take her to bed." and with that she walked up the stairs.

I wriggled out of my grip around Cora without waking her up. I looked down at the beautiful girl on the couch. She opened her eyes a bit. "No sleep" I said soothingly and her eyelids dropped again. The usual sparcle and joy that filled her eyes had been replaced with fear and saddness. My poor Cocoa.

I reached down and picked her up, she wasn't heavy at all. I made my way up both flights of stairs to get to my bedroom. I set her down on my bed and turned to leave, I heard a slight cry and turned to see Cora crying softly into my pillow. I climbed into my bed beside her and held her minuites later she was asleep and not much later so was I.

Cora's POV

I remeber falling asleep with Keaton but when I woke up he was gone. I decided to take a shower. After my shower I changed into skinny jeans and a sparkly tank top. I had pretty much worn sweats and a hoodie all week so this was a nice change. I blow dried my hair and brushed through my naturaly curly, blonde hair. I scurried downstairs and found Drew grabbing food.

He smiled at me. "You feeling better?" he asked. "Ya actually" I smiled back and walked into the den. "Hey, looking good." Keaton smiled at me. "Thanks" i tried to hid my blush by looking at the floor he obviously noticed and chuckled a bit. "We need to leave soon" He said.

We were sitting in a confrence room filled with chairs. I was sitting between Keaton and Mrs. S. My Gramma and Grampa from both sides where their. My Mom was a only child and my Dads brother was also present. I had never met him before but I think his name is Ted short for Theodore I believe.

A man in a suit carrieing a brief case walked through the door followed by a fomaly dressed lady. They sat at the head of the table and the lady pulled out a laptop and hooked it up to the moniter. "I will be taking notes" she explained, "I have my computer hooked up to this moniter so you can all see what I'm writing so we have no court issues." She finished and sat down. I looked over at Keaton, I was terrified and the second he looked me in the eyes he reached for my hand under the table and held onto it.

The lawyer, who introduced himself as Derren Hetchman read some of the information and goodbyes my parents wrote in their will. I spaced out to the memory from just last weekend when they took me and Keaton bowling. I tear slipped down my cheek, Keaton squeezed my hand that he wouldn't let go of. He really did love me. My heart fluttered, did I love him as more then a friend? I was pulled back to reality when Mr. Hetchman said, "And now costody." My heart skipped a beat their was a slight chance Mrs. S was my legal gaurdian. looked at Keaton and he mouthed to me "it will be alright i promise." "Cora's legal guardian as stated in the Will of Cora Quinn parents, Nick Quinn and Lilly Quinn is..."

Soorryyy it took me so long to update

can i get some feedback please? comments?

~M:)