Until Your Alright

Mrs. S looked completely shocked, taken aback by my sudden outburst.  She started to open her mouth and then stopped.  I couldn’t handle it, I didn’t even want to know the truth at this point.  I pulled open the door and sprinted up the all to familiar stairs into my bedroom.  I took a second to open the door, taking my time to run my fingers across the wood down to the doorknob.  Slowly lacing my fingers around the circle and gripping my hand onto the cold piece.  I slowly pushed the door back to reveille my spotless room with pictures lining the walls and everything in its place on my cabinets.  I felt like I was going to collapse under the pressure of everything I could feel my heart beat in my throat.  I made my way over to my bed, the green comforter was pulled tight perfectly made from the morning I left for school only weeks ago.  I let the pressure of everything way me down onto my bed and I felt tears spill down my face. 

“Cocoa?” a soft voice called from just inside my open door.  Only seconds later I could feel his hand slightly rest onto my back.  He traced circles on my back reassuringly with his hand before he lay beside me pulling me by my waist into his comforting and safe grip. I can’t tell you how long we stayed like this.  Just listening to each other’s soft breath.

I shifted my weight away from him, and he looked me in the eyes.  “Are you okay now?” I forced a small smile onto my face.  “Yes, thanks.” He gave me a look, I knew he didn’t believe me but thankfully he didn’t question me further, because I was again on the verge of tears.  “No matter what, I’ll be here for you until I know you will be alright.” He said.  I looked out my window to the pinkish sunset, “that may never happen.”  I then shifted my glace to the floor then back up to him, “that my just be what I’m counting on.” He smiled down at me and I jumped into his all to familiar arms again.

I let go and remembered the beginning of my breakdown.  “We need to go talk to your mom, she knows something.” I stated and glanced down the stairs.  We both got up and he grabbed my hand and led me downstairs.  Mrs. S glanced up at us as she was awkwardly sitting on the couch.  Keaton led me to the opposite couch and we both sat down looking directly at her. 

Without me saying a word Mrs. S opened her mouth and began to explain.  “As you know I have been a close friend of your mothers.” She started.  “When you where very young your father got caught up with some very bad and powerful people by mistake one day.”  I gave her a questioning look so she decided to build on her statement.  “Your father was part of the witness protection program and was placed with your mother as protection, as your mother was an undercover spy.” 

I rolled my eyes and sat back into the couch. “This has got to be a joke, you think I’m that stupid?” I bluntly stated.  Keaton gave me a warning glance, so I readjusted myself and told her to continue.  “Then you came along and that was not supposed to be part of the plan since your mother and father where supposed to be professional but they ended up falling in love.  Two years before your parents died the people caught up with your father.  Drug dealers and such.  He just knew way to much and they had realized that he had been researching it again.  They somehow got into contact with him and threatened you or your mother danger if he wasn’t to come back.  Well long story short he agreed, he tried to back out the morning he was killed and they went directly after your mother.  Your Dad was just trying to save her but accidentally hit her car instead of just blocking it.”

I sat back taking all this information in.  “So who is Ted?” I ask emotionless.

She looked to the ground before making eye contact with me.  “The owner of the company that ruined your fathers life and is wanted in pretty much every state.”

Keaton squeezed my hand obviously surprised and I just stared blankly out the window before I noticed a figure walking up to the door on his phone.

Ted.

Hey! don’t kill me I know its been forever but for some reason I decieded to update tonight! I am really adhd and its hard for me to stay on topic and write chapters to a book im more of a short stary person but that’s okay because im going to try to finish this one with a couple more chapters

THANKS FOR READING

~MJ