Chapter 13-The Tour

Cora's POV

I woke up to my phone ringing. I quickly grabbed it and placed it to my ear. "Hello?" I asked the person on the other line.

"Hey did I wake you?" It was Keaton. A smile instantly spread on my face. "Yea but its totally fine." I answered. "I'm sorry I didn't talk to you last night. Wes told me this morning and I yelled at him for not waking me." Keaton said.

I laughed a little, "thanks so much for everything Keaton, you really are the best and like I said I can not wait for the X Factor. I am so there."

"Yay!" He exclaimed.

We talked for about half an hour before I realized he was skipping first period at school to talk to me. We had talked about how nice Uncle Ted was and stuff.

After I hung up the phone I went to the bathroom and went through my usual morning routine. After I finished in the bathroom I went back into my room and changed into jeans and one of Keaton's sweaters he had agreed to let me "steal." It's not really stealing when you tell me about it. He had said after I said, hey can I steal this sweater.

I took a picture of me wearing it and texted it to Keaton. A couple seconds later my phone buzzed.

From: Keats:)

good thing I gave you that sweater coz u look way cuter in it then I did

I smiled and typed back.

To: Keats:)

no way ur always cute :*)

I set down my phone and ran to the kitchen where Ted was sitting. "Morning Ted." I said attempting my Texan accent. This caused him to reply with, "morning lass" in a Scottish accent.

We ate breakfast and he said it was time to show me around. It was warm out so I didn't need a jacket. I tied up my shoes and we were out the door.

To the right was an old fashioned red barn. Next to the barn was a stable like building and next to that were some pen.

"This is a full out farmyard!" I exclaimed. "No not really, I just keep the barn for looks and to store food and at the moment I only have 3 horses. The cows in the grazing reserve are my money source." I replied. "Can we go for a ride?" I asked hopefully. "Soon enough we have to do something first."

I then noticed Echo who had followed us out was sitting at my feet. "That is not a dog that's a rat," Ted laughed at my puppy. I quickly picked her up as I noticed a large sheep dog running towards us.

"Don't worry Kaylee won't hurt her." The multicolored dog licked my hand as I set Echo down. Ted was right Kaylee didn't mind Echo at all.

He opened the door of the stable and a horse let out a whinny. "This" he pointed to a large black horse. "Is my horse Cory." I pet the beautiful horse. He showed me a few other horses that were his helps horses.

We got to the other side of the stable where their was a small pony peaking up over the door. "This is Truffles, she helps with chores and stuff by pulling her cart." I laughed. "She is soooo cute." I smiled and pet her.

"And here," he pointed to the other side of the aisle. "This is Patrick, he is about 2 months old." A cute little grey colt held his head over the stall door. "I'm going to train him myself." Ted said happily.

"So we are going to town for a bit to look at a horse," he said. "For you." When he said the last part I almost screamed. I pulled him into a hug repeating the words thankyouthankyouthankyou.

I ran outside the stable and picked Echo up and ran to the truck. Ted followed minutes later with a big grin plastered genuinely across his face.

Thanks again for reading.

Btw this chapter is dedicated to Kaylee (The dog on the side) my dog that died about to years ago :( and also to Patrick my horse (he is not a baby in real life he is 6) and truffles my mini pony who I love. Oh and Truffles is a dark, light brown and white pinto.

~M:) xoxo