I Love You

Leaigh was stricken with confusion, her body betraying every thought that swam through her mind. Vali cradled her unmoving body with tears flowing freely down his face, trying to shake the one woman he loves back to reality. He was the only person who had such a deep impact on Leaigh's thoughts, feelings, and actions.

He affected her in ways she thought impossible, especially with the darkness constantly trying to cut her down to dust. She thought for just a second that it was all over, the Hoodie Man was no more, the darkness trying to compel her to submission. Everything was supposed to be right now, everything normal save for the wonderful giant she had fallen in love with by her side.

This isn't what victory feels like.

She felt paralyzed in his arms, not even able to feel the cold floor beneath her. Her eyes could not even move from the beautiful feature of Vali's face. She was frozen staring into the broken man's eyes that had always captured the breath in her lungs and the beat of her heart.

She wanted to smile up at him, smack him on the face to reassure him that she was fine and he could stop worrying. But that was impossible. Everything was impossible except for her mind that, too, felt like it was beginning to slow-just as her heart was.

There was nothing wrong with her, only the small wound created by Damen, but in that moment the only thing scary was just the slowing of her heart. Her voice wanted to scream until the windows shook in the building and the lights flcikered. There was so much anger from not knowing what was happening, she just knew she was fading slowly.

The fear started to consume her mind into darkness, scared that maybe this isn't just some dream like the rest. Like she had actually woken up from that nap in the car and this was actually happening. The one time she wanted to dream, but she was not.

Present Day: Salisbury, Maryland. 3 years after the crash.

"Are you ready Ms. Maraigne?" Leaigh's doctor asked Sophia, who sat in the chair with a zombie-like expression on her face. She didn't want to answer, it was already hard enough to come to a final answer, now she had to voice it out. There was something so dulling about making someone's decision for them, but proven the vegetable state her daughters body is in, she had no choice.

There were moments were she'd fall to her knees and beg and pray that Leaigh would open her eyes in a miracle, but that miracle never came. This was real life, and she had to answer the saddened doctor who awaited a final answer.

Leaigh's body hadn't moved on it's own for over 3 years now, even after all of the time that has passed she still doesn't want to give up. It may be the selfishness of Sofia to not want to let go of her daughter because of all she had lost these past long years.

First her husband, then her dog, now she awaits the loss of her daughter. The crave to hear her snarky comments become so tempting, it had been years since she heard her voice, seen the brightness of her eyes, seen her mouth pull up into a smile.

After the crash happened Leaigh fell into a permanent coma with small chances of awakening, but Sofia didn't want to give up on her daughter, she was a natural born fighter with fire unlike anything else. She saw herself in Leaigh, but Leaigh resembled her husband she equally missed, that made it so much harder to let her go, and finally let her rest peacefully.

The doctor stood with a tablet in his hand, a guilty look on his face but full of patience. He didn't know what it was like to hold the balance of his childs life in his hand, he'd never be able to give an answer. He'd be torn between letting his child finally be free and rest, and not giving up hope to see if they pulled through to live an amazing life they deserved.