CHAPTER 1: Alicyn

The sunlight was beautiful as it peaked through the trees of the forest. The light seemed to conjur up the most brilliant mosaics, reflecting from each leaf and wisp of cloud. It was as if it were happy to create art where it shone creating warmth and comfort.

I have been to this place many times before. When I was younger, I called it 'home'. It was the place I grew up at.

Now, I can only come here when I close my eyes and dream, because it no longer exists.

If I were to ever travel here in real life, I would see nothing but ashes and darkness that once was taken over by happiness, laughter, light and love.

This place I had called home for so long, eventually became a place of ruins after it was burned to the ground and I was forced to leave and live with family far away.

One day when I was old enough, I returned back to these very same woods and tried to rebuild a new life and a brand new start, but ended up building a place not far from the original location. Mostly because it was too painful.

Even though I love coming here every so often in my dreams, I do not stay long, because if I stay longer than I should, I would have to endure the pain and horror I did when I was ten years old and was forced to witness my parents being murdered while I was hidden underneath the house.

I must have gotten lost in my thoughts briefly as I suddenly began to hear the familiarized crackling of branches breaking as the footsteps begin to get closer and louder. Just as they have been around this time in the dream. THEY are coming!

The clouds begin to grow darker and the gutteral growls are getting louder. I MUST wake up! I can not stay!

Why am I not waking up?! No, I refuse to witness it again! What is happening?! Why the hell can't I wake up?!

I snap my head quickly towards the right of me and see two deep red glowing eyes staring at me through the darkness between the trees and everything around me starts turning into ashes.

I close my eyes tightly and hear the growls get closer and closer until I feel their breath on my face and fear this is it. I will die in my dreams like many have before......At least that's what I thought until I FINALLY, woke up!

I abruptly sat straight up in my bed, sweating and trying to catch my breath. I don't know why it is getting harder and harder for me to wake up around that part of the dream and how the wolf that was responsible for killing my parents, has gotten closer than it ever has before in my dreams.

I can't let it get to me right now though. I am running low on supplies and have to make sure I head into town today at some point, to get more Chamomile, Lavender and Vanilla with a little Sage to create the tea for my dreams, so that I can protect myself with it. I always use that and it sometimes will even help prevent me from having that dream all together-or at least, that's my hope one day.

I don't live too far from town and the shop I go to, I have known the owner for a very long time and she always helps me out just as I do with her with my services. So I just walk there.

I could always grow my own stuff, but times have been getting harder lately with businesses (in particular, with our kinds) as the Wolf Council have been able to take a little more control over them as well as other kinds' too. It's been so bad in fact, that a lot of people have gone out of business. So at least this way I can help keep her going.

I am a witch descendent from one of the most powerful lines of witches ever and who have done so much good throughout the centuries.

I specialize more in particular, being what you would call a 'healer'. I can help with emotional and physical pain and heal.

Lately though, I have been mostly focusing on the physical aspect because as of a couple weeks ago, the head Elder for the Wolf Council, Mr. Bordane, has recently become badly wounded after a heated argument gone wrong, that now has him hanging on to his life by a thread. I'm not even sure I can fully heal him (it's that bad) but I don't give up and will do my best.

All of our kinds normally have our own doctor, but he has fallen ill recently and has asked for me to step in for a while. I need the money and besides, I was raised to help anyone in need who were willing to accept it. In which he does, despite the differences with our kinds.

I do have to confess that ever since I had started helping him, he has been not at all what I had heard or expected. He actually is generous and nice and has mentioned before that he doesn't agree with the division between all kinds and wants to change things.

When I walked into his big mansion today, I did as I always did and first went upstairs to his bedroom to check-in on his wound.

"Hey." I greeted him softly with a gentle knock on the door while opening it slowly.

"Hey." He smiles a little tired.

"How are you feeling?" I ask him as I walk to the side of his bed then pull down the sheets and covers to check his wound on his side.

"I'm okay. Better today actually than I was feeling a couple weeks ago." He mentions.

"That's good, but remember, you still can't do anything. You aren't fully healed yet." I remind him because I know how stubborn he is.

He begins to chuckle a bit then coughs a little.

"You are too kind." He tells me.

"Thank you." I replied while changing the bandage with a new clean one.

"Now get some rest and let me know if you need anything." I tell him.

He just smiles in reply and just as I began to place everything on the tray I keep his medicines and other things on, he stops me.

"You know, my son will soon be here. I had one of the councilmen contact him to let him know what is happening." He mentions.

Everybody knows all about his spoiled, obnoxious and asshole of a son/Alpha, Rogan, who is supposed to take his father's place as head Elder eventually.

Personally, I have never met him and never planned to do so neither, but I guess that's out the window since he supposedly is coming here soon.

How convenient! I think sarcastically to myself, seeing that his son hasn't spoken to him or has come and seen him for a few years now, then suddenly wants to come and see his father when he has little chance to live?! Yeah, SOME 'good' son he is.

I swear, he better not be the asshole everyone talks about. His father doesn't need to be stressed anymore.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)