CHAPTER 9: Alicyn

It has been almost a week since that incident with those rogues had occurred and none of them have been back since. 

Still though, it had gotten me curious as to why my barrier didn't work and they were able to break through it without being hurt.

Then with that random wolf coming out of nowhere helping me. Now THAT in itself was surprising. For now though, I guess I will just let it go, because I have too much on my plate at the moment and will just need to build a stronger barrier.

It was weird when I woke up and found myself in one of the guest bedroom's at Mr. Bordane's house however, the next morning.

At first I had thought that maybe one of Rogan's guys had helped me and then immediately shook that thought out of my head because I doubt that and besides, it sounds as silly as if I had thought it was Rogan who saved me himself. In which I know THAT could not have been an option.

Maybe I felt too scared to go home and just ended up coming to this place.

I didn't remember much about that night anyways and honestly didn't matter, so I just decided to conclude that maybe it was because I was too frightened to go back to my house alone that I instead decided to stay the night there.

Either way, the next morning, Mr. Bordane slept in and nobody else seemed to be awake, so I was able to leave without encountering any awkward moments and trying to explain why I was there or asking if they knew.

Today, I headed into town to grab a few things from my friends shop and was completely shocked to see a sign in the window that read 'closed'.

This could not be real. I had been here a few days ago. Why didn't she tell me or give me a warning that things were that bad? She really was the only one left that I could trust in selling me things that were from 'legit' resources.

Now that just leaves me and relying on myself to grow my own herbs and certain things from now on. Because Irena unfortunately doesn't have access to things neither.

So I ended up grabbing a few things from a different store before beginning to head back to my house to bring some things with me before heading over to Mr. Bordane's house. 

I immediately noticed when I got home that there was a drawstring brown leather bag, placed in front of my door with a note attached at the top of it.

The note was from my friend apologizing about giving me no warning she was closing her shop and that she was leaving town before things got worse. Then mentioned that she left me this bag full of jars and zip lock packs of seeds that will help me grow certain things that are rare and hard to come by, but will help me start.

All I needed were the seeds to of course grow at my place and as grateful as I was,
I was saddened at the same time because she had left without saying goodbye. Although I don't blame her.

Things are becoming more dangerous and unpredictable for the most part that if I had family still to go to, I might have left also.

I next placed the bag in my purse and grabbed several other things before getting into my car and heading towards Mr. Bordane's.

Once arriving, I had noticed that there were more cars and motorcycles out in front of the house and could hear loud laughter, a lot of talking and loud music.

Rogan was throwing a party? Really?! I swear, he just doesn't get it! How selfish is he, really?! What didn't he understand in the fact that we should be more respectful and considerate towards his father's condition by making sure he doesn't upset him even more or anything?!

Before entering, I made sure I calmed myself and remind myself too that I wouldn't be upset as long as they didn't touch the things I left here in jars and bowls, which I moved them upstairs in his father's bathroom cabinet anyways because I don't trust him or any of them really, but still.

When I walked inside the house, I became more enraged as their friends and the girls they had over looked to have no decency or respect for the house as I noticed they were trashing the place.

The further I walked in and tried making my way towards the staircase, I could feel eyes on me because I know they all can tell I'm a witch. However, I ignore them and then before stepping on the first step, I stop when I hear a loud familiar laughter and turn to see that it's Mr. Bordane?!

What does he think he's doing?! He should be taking things easy.

I walk up to him and before I get a chance to say anything, he says something.

"Oh hey! Look I know this probably looks bad but I have personally been so cooped up in this house and figured since I am feeling a lot better, I would come down here and join the party. Rogan in fact decided to throw me this party. It's my birthday." He states.

"Happy Birthday! But are you drunk? I mean, even though you may feel better, that doesn't mean you are entirely capable to do whatever you want. You can get worked up again and...." I started until some girl that was all over him and clearly too young for him, cut me off.

"My god, relax. You sure do nag a lot. Besides, he's the head Elder to the wolf Council. He doesn't need babysitting or nagging by some witch doctor." She rudely comments.

I started becoming more infuriated at the seams. However, in a way, she is right and CLEARLY since he seems to not be in any pain or discomfort anymore, I just turn on my heel and storm out the door since there is no longer any need for my services.

I swear, I don't even know why I ever took pity on this family enough to try and help. I should have known better. They're no different. Not to mention the fact that it is THEIR kind who are the reason my people keep leaving town.

I tried making my way through the crowd to head out the front door when Foley, turns and stops me.

"Heyyyy...." He greets me, drunkingly.

"Hey. Excuse me." I start to say and he stops me.

"Where ya going?! Come on and stay. Rogan's dad is feeling a lot better and it's his birthday. You should stay and have fun too, I mean, you've earned it." He smiles.

"Thanks, but I don't drink." I tell him.

Then right before I leave, I stop myself and quickly make my way through the crowd of people again to reach Mr. Bordane's bedroom to grab my things and once I grab them and place them into my bag, the minute I open up the door, I am startled as I see Rogan standing there glaring at me.

I really have no time for any of his bullshit right now.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)