Slytherins are great pretenders [Part 4]

Lisa sleeps all day on Sunday trying to soothe the raging headache she is experiencing and silently vowing to never ever drink Firewhiskey again. She only comes alive again in the evening for dinner in the Great Hall with Chaeyoung, Jisoo and Haein. Apparently those two have decided to try dating each other and see where it goes. Good for them.

After a hangover-worthy dinner, the three girls go for a short walk on the castle grounds so Lisa can tell them about last night without anyone listening in on their conversation. Jisoo tells Haein goodbye with a quick kiss at the big oak door. Lisa and Chaeyoung both wolf whistle. They can't help it.

"Ok, spill Manofoot!"Jisoo demands once they are alone on the path leading down to the Black Lake.

Lisa retells the events of this fateful Halloween night. She blushes like crazy when she tells them that kissing Jennie was unlike everything she ever felt with other girls. Not that there were a lot of girls in Lisa's life before. Niki, who she was in her first relationship with for seven months last year and two girls she randomly kissed at parties before that. But not one of them held a candle to how Jennie had made her feel.

"I can't quite wrap my head around it, no offence Lis, but... it sounds like you two really seem to have some kind of connection, don't you?" Chaeyoung asks when Lisa has finished her story. Her blonde friend is not a fan of Jennie. But she is a fan of Lisa and cares about her friend deeply. So Lisa knows, this is not nothing when even Chaeyoung sees it.

Lisa blushes again. "I don't know... I have no idea how she feels anyway..." she lets out an exhausted breath. "She looked terrified when she left and she screamed at me again, so... who am I to tell what's going on inside Jennie Kim's head!?"

"She's probably afraid that you spill her secret." Jisoo offers.

"I would never do that." Lisa replies in a low voice, looking down at the pebbled path they are walking along.

"I would have never guessed this! Honestly! I mean, just imagine motherfucking Kai's face when he ever finds out!" Jisoo chuckles.

"Chu, it's not funny! It's her life! It's gonna be turned upside down once she comes out." Lisa reprimands the laughing Gryffindor girl.

"If she comes out..." Chaeyoung points out quietly. The other two girls turn their faces towards her. The blonde girl clears her throat awkwardly. "Well... I heard from someone that her parents already bought the house that she and Kai are going to live in. It's like a done deal..." she doesn't look at Lisa.

"She said, she won't let them make her marry him..." Lisa mumbles. Suddenly she feels like crawling back to bed and crying. Lisa knew the second her lips touched Jennie's last night that she was an absolute goner for the girl. She is falling hard and now she doesn't know if Jennie is ever going to catch her. And Lisa is not good at hiding her feelings. Both of her friends can tell what is going on with her now.

"I'm sorry Lis! I wish you didn't get into this complicated mess in the first place..." Chaeyoung says and throws a supportive arm around Lisa's waist. Jisoo joins them and they take Lisa into their middle.

"I wish there was no complicated mess and I could just go and ask her to be with me." Lisa replies, leaning her head against Chaeyoung's in an affectionate way.

*

Jennie avoids and ignores Lisa as much as possible. It is next to impossible for Lisa to have a word with the Slytherin girl when she is always surrounded by her pretentious little entourage, which Lisa knows now, Jennie doesn't even consider real friends. They don't even know Jennie at all.

After two weeks of no word spoken between them, Lisa resolves to sending Jennie a letter but she has no idea what she is going to say. About twenty unfinished attempts land in the fireplace of the Hufflepuff common room before Lisa gives up.