The Yule Ball

- Care of Magical Creatures class -

"Hey Jisoo." A soft, angelic voice makes Jisoo's head spin instantly when she hears it. It is her favourite class of the week with her favourite person. Today, they are allowed to take one baby hippogriff per group for a walk through the forest path. Not the forbidden forest of course but the line of trees around Hagrid's hut where the hippogriff nursery is.

"Hey Chaeyoung." The older girl greets back shyly. She just knows her cheeks are already glowing. They always do in the Ravenclaw girl's presence.

"You have to start calling me Rosie!" The blonde girl scolds mock-sternly. "Only my parents call me Chaeyoung when they're mad. You're not mad at me, right?"

Park Chaeyoung, aka Rosie just has this light, airy, and sometimes unintentionally funny way about her that Jisoo just couldn't help but fall for. She is the sweetest and kindest person. The animals love her too and it really shows. Jisoo is a complete mess for this girl but she knows she can never ever tell her.

"Ok... Rosie." Jisoo manages without stuttering.

Rosie bows to Fred, one of their fosterlings, and the baby hippogriff immediately bows back. Rosie then proceeds to pet him on his head while he nudges her gently. Jisoo just watches, secretly wishing to be Fred right now who can freely show his affection for the angel witch.

"What d'you eat today?" Rosie is the one to spark up a conversation while Jisoo falls into step with her, guiding Fred along the path they're supposed to take. The tall blonde is a huge foodie. She loves to eat and try new things. She told Jisoo about travelling a lot with her parents every summer and all the things she ate while being abroad.

Jisoo, who is always hungry by nature as well, likes talking about food with her crush. It is safer than talking about anything else. Much safer than talking about which boy they fancy. Because in Jisoo's life there is no boy. And while she hopes it's the same in Rosie's, she knows the possibility is very slim. The Ravenclaw girl is unbelievably pretty. Like unreal pretty. And Jisoo's hawkeyes jealously notice each and every male gaze that Rosie attracts without even meaning to.

"Uhm... I ate porridge in the morning. But it wasn't as good as it usually is..." Jisoo tells her timidly. She still has a lot of anxiety going on while actually forming sentences in front of Rosie.

"Right!?" The girl nods at her seriously. "Me too. I thought I was the only one who noticed it."

"You had the porridge too?"

"Mhm."

Fred stops to sniff at some trees so Jisoo and Rosie stop too. While they let Fred inspect whatever he wants to, Rosie turns towards the smaller girl. "Are you excited for the ball?"

"Fuck no." Jisoo exclaims instantly, forgetting for a second who she is talking to. The response is like a reflex. She and Lisa have been fretting so much over this stupid ball, her feelings towards it have only worsened.

"I heard Jung Haein asked you... he's nice..." Rosie looks down to her shoes and scrapes one foot over the forest ground. Jisoo is way too caught up in her own feelings to notice how nervous the girl opposite her suddenly is.

"He's... uhm... yeah... I guess..." Jisoo mumbles less than enthusiastic and it seems to register with Rosie instantly. Her head snaps back up to look at Jisoo in surprise. Their eyes meet and Jisoo's hands start to sweat. Her mouth apparently has a life of its' own when she tells Rosie "I haven't said yes yet..."

"You haven't?"

They look at each other for a little while.

"Are you waiting for a better offer?" Rosie then asks quietly. Another pair of students pass them on the path with their hippogriff. They just smile at their classmates while they pass. Jisoo waits until they're gone to answer.