Chapter 12

The late-morning sun danced through my bedroom. I lay in bed watching the dust particles highlighted by the sun float around in the air. My eyes felt extremely heavy as I fought to stay awake, I needed to get up but it felt as if my body was tied to my mattress. An incoming phone call forced me to get up and go down into the living room. I didn't look at the contact name before picking up.

"Hey" I could practically envision the smug grin playing across his face.

"Hello Evans" I replied. I began to fiddle with a loose strand of hair which had fallen out of my bun. "What can I do for you?"

"I want to see you before I leave tomorrow" He stated. Fuck I forgot he is leaving, I begun to feel confused at the wave of sadness washing over me. "Let me take you out for dinner"

I paused for a moment, creating a silence throughout my apartment. "Okay" I answered reluctantly, "As friends!" I added.

"Yep whatever. I'll pick you up at 8" he replied and hung up, making the line go dead. I moved from the sofa where I was sat and into the kitchen, placing my phone down on the counter. The big clock on my wall read that it was 11am, I've got 9 hours I sighed to myself. As I started to eat breakfast I got a text notification.

Hey It's Aaron. I had fun last night. You wanna go out sometime?

I smiled as I begun to reply.

Yeah I'd love to.

~ time jump to 6pm~

I only had two hours to get ready and I was panicking. I'm not sure why, it's not like it's a date. We are just friends going on a friendly dinner before he leaves. I go out for dinner with Seb all the time and he is just a friend. I stood in front of my fogged up bathroom mirror in my towel staring at myself. Get yourself together bitch. Pumping some serum onto my hand I begun to apply it to my hair to hopefully reduce the frizz. My phone buzzed...

Chris - wear something comfy. Looking forward to seeing you.

Brilliant. I hate when guys do this. 'wear something comfy' like what the fuck am I supposed to do with that. Joggers and a hoodie are comfy but do they want to see you in that? No. I rolled my eyes. I started to do my makeup as my hair dried. I brushed some brow gel through my eyebrows in an attempt to shape them. Applying some concealer under my eyes I tapped it in using my ring finger and brushed on some bronzer and blush. Finally I swiped on some mascara and finished it off with a nudey-pink lipstick and called it a day. I garnished my fingers with different gold-plated rings and put gold hoops in my piercings. I decided that dressing comfy would mean me wearing a white flowy sundress with a pair of converse.

There was a knock at my door a couple of minutes before 8pm, I opened the door to Chris standing there. He was wearing a tight fitted white t-shirt with dark wash jeans and a baseball cap which was pulled down over his face. His beard and the sunglasses he was wearing along with the cap hid his identity pretty well but I could still tell it was him by those oh so beautiful lips.

"Your early!" I exclaimed "Your never supposed to pick up a girl early for a date" I continued without thinking. I soon regretted my choice of words when his eyebrow quirked and a small smirk appeared on his face.

"Date?" he questioned, that same smirk still playing on his face.

"You know that's not what I meant. Come in and sit" I commanded, pulling his arm so he came stumbling into my apartment.

"You look beautiful by the way" he commented as he sat down on my sofa, grinning up at me.

"Oh- er- thank you" I stammered, caught completely off guard by his compliment. I rushed into the bathroom and tried to fix my hair, I had let it dry naturally which clearly wasn't a good idea as even the serum I used didn't save it. Taking a deep breath in I walked back out into the living room. "Ready?" I questioned as I put my shoes on.