Chapter 36

"How you feeling?" I quizzed, "Are you sure he's okay to leave?".

"Olivia Rose will you stop stressing out" Dad commanded.

"Please are you sure you don't want to keep him?" I questioned sarcastically.

"Your hilarious Olivia" he replied.

"Your dad is perfectly safe to go home, just make sure he gets lots of rest and is drinking fluids regularly" the doctor commented.

"Thank you" I smiled.

"Yeah thanks doc" I began to push dad's wheelchair through the maze of a hospital, trying to get out.

Once we had gone past all the nurses my dad had relentlessly flirted with we were able to leave. Being the stubborn man he is he insisted on walking to the car. Of course I didn't let him drive much to his discontentment. After the past weeks it felt like a massive breath of fresh air to be finally out the claustrophobic hospital. All the nurses and doctors were amazing, especially dealing with all my concerns and well my dad but it felt good to be able to take him home. He still needed to take it easy so I was going to stay with him for another week before driving back home. Thankfully I didn't need to worry about him too much as he had Edna and Lisa to pamper him.

"Home sweet home" dad breathed out as I opened the front door. I noticed the banner that Carly's kids had made as soon as we walked in and smiled to myself. Edna, of course, had let herself in and had left various baked goods and dishes to reheat. Before we could settle back in my phone began buzzing. An incoming facetime call lit up my screen. I handed the phone to my dad knowing he would wanna find out how he was getting on first. "Chris, my boy!" dad exclaimed in excitement.

"How you doing Pete?" Chris called out.

"I'm not too shabby how about you son?"

"I'm good, where's Liv?" he asks.

"Over here!" I call out from the other side of the kitchen. Dad hands me the phone and I see Chris' face light up, making my heart flutter.

"Hi pretty girl" he mutters.

"Hi" I smile back.

"You kids are disgusting" dad exaggerated before sauntering off into the living room to turn the TV on.

"I think they want me to film in New York for a couple of days, when you back?"

"I'm planning on driving back next Monday if dad doesn't need me" I answer.

"No dad doesn't need you to stay" dad called out from the living room, making both me and Chris laugh.

"Okay I'll be back on Monday then"

"I'll keep you updated" Chris answered, "Bye pretty girl"

"Bye my love" I grinned before hanging up.

~

The days flew by and before I knew it I was being sent on my way back to New York. Jess met me back at my apartment for a mini business meeting. Filling me in on how we have been doing recently. I felt guilty for having to have so much time off and constantly having to run back and fourth between Sudbury and New York.

"I think maybe it's worth looking in to opening a second location, Livs?" Jess raised her brow whilst taking a sip from her mug.

"Do you think we can afford it?" I asked.

"Well we still need to speak to our accountant but business has been good. We have brought in extra income from your photographs alone without even considering the turn out we have been having"

"Where?"

"Well I assumed Boston, that way you can alternate between the two and keep an eye on your dad more often"

"And it saves Chris having to drive into New York all the time"

"That is also what I was thinking"

"But I wouldn't want to leave New York, everything is here. My apartment, I mean I love this apartment, you and Seb are here"

"You wouldn't have to leave New York, it would just mean that you could continue to work whilst being in Boston. And the rose room is becoming successful enough that opening a second location would actually benefit us"

"Well lets talk with our accountant before actually making any decisions" I answer. Opening a second location was a big step. Hell opening our first location was big enough, keeping that up and running seemed more than we could handle but I guess we managed to pull it off.

The rest of the day consisted of lazing about the apartment before having to get ready to go to work. We took turns showering and using the bathroom mirror. I slipped on a little gold dress and slicked my hair up into a high ponytail.

And then it was time to go to work.