17. Lies

Ever since Kyle was born it's been out to the public that Axl and Lilly were in a relationship and married a week after their son was born. Nirvana couldn't have an interview without being asked what they (Kurt and Krist) thought of about Axl and Lilly's relationship. 

It was Kurt and Krist that chose to fight with Axl and Duff. Dave became good friends with Slash and wasn't asked much. Because if he did have run-ins with Guns N Roses it wasn't as popular as Kurt and Krist's feelings toward the band. 

Lilly stared at the TV as she watched Kurt, Krist, and Dave answer the uncomfortable questions. 

How do you feel about it? 
Kurt: I'm happy that Lilly's happy. 
And what about Axl? 
Kurt: He's a good dad to Kyle and a good husband to Lilly and a good uncle to Frances. 
Do you ever see Kyle? 
Kurt: Yeah all the time. 
What does Axl think of you. 
Kurt: Ask him. 
Does he ever talk bad to you?
Kurt: No he's been nice since we met. 

Lilly flipped off the TV not wanting to know what questions were next. Axl hadn't come home from taking Frances and Kyle to the park. (Frances was being babysat by Lilly and Axl while Kurt and Courtney were on tour.) 

Lilly sighed. Lies. Lies. Lies. That's all it was. And Lilly was tired of it. She was tired of the interviewers harassing Axl and Kurt.  

She heard the door open and close and the sounds of Frances excitedly telling Axl how fun it was and that she wanted to do it again. Lilly smiled. Frances went to her room where she would play. Axl set Kyle in his bassinette and then sat on the couch next to Lilly. "Hey, baby," he said hugging her. "Hey, Axl," Lilly said. She kissed his lips. 

It would all be okay. Everything would be okay.