18. A Little Bit Of Trouble

Two-years-later. 

Crash. Axl, Kurt, Slash, and Lilly looked over at the window that was nothing but shards and pieces. Axl got off the couch and walked outside to see Noah, Kyle, and Frances standing in shock at the window. Frances was the tot responsible for the broken window. The five-year-old smiled nervously at Axl. 

"Frances!" Axl scolded. The three children hung their heads in shame. "Sorry, Uncle Axl," Frances said. "It was my fault deddy! I thought of playing," Kyle said. Axl kneeled to the kid's level. "It's not your fault. Just don't play so close to the window," he said. The kid's faces brightened. "Now go before mama comes outside!" Axl said. The kids laughed. The door opened revealing Lilly. "Go! Run! Run! Run!" Axl said. The kids laughed and ran away. Axl chuckled. He got up as Lilly walked over to them. "I know what you said to them," Lilly said. 

Axl laughed and placed his forehead on Lilly's as she wrapped her arms around his neck. he placed his hands on her hips. "They're kids let them get in a little bit of trouble," Axl said. "At least tell them it's bad to break windows," Lilly said. Axl pressed his lips against hers and smiled. 

Axl couldn't punish his kids. Or his kid or niece. His past came back to haunt him. And he swore to never hurt his kids the way he was hurt by his father.