Chapter 12: I Love Him!

"Will that be cash or card, ma'am?"

"Cash", the woman said, placing bills into your hand and sprinkling change on top.

You rang the woman up and handed her the items that you bagged. "Thank you and have a good day!"

The woman smiled at you and walked out of the store. The sliding doors beeped as they closed and Coach Ukai walked out from the back room. "You know you don't have to be so formal, asking for cash or card. It's a convenient store, not a restaurant."

"I know Coach, but still." You leaned on the counter and tracked your eyes on your boss that was carrying boxes of merchandise. He dropped the boxes he was holding on the floor and turned around with an annoyed look on his face.

"For the last time, it's Ukai! You've graduated, I'm not your Coach anymore." He pulled out a pack of cigarettes and shook them against the palm of his hand. "Call me Coach again and I'll make you clean out the freezer!"

You shuddered at the threat and shook your head, heeding his warning. "OK got it, Co- Ukai!"

Ukai laughed and nudged his head towards the door. "I'll be right back."

"Don't worry, take your time. It's getting real crowded in here anyway", you shouted sarcastically because there were no people in the store.

You sighed heavily as you listened to the buzzing of the refrigerators that were filling the silence. You couldn't stand the boring atmosphere so you went on a hunt to find something to do.

"I'm sure there's something I can do around here..."

After Nationals, you and the third-years graduated. The ceremony was sweet and you said goodbye to Karasuno who you had spent such a small amount of time with. You said goodbye to your math teacher who wished you the best and made your way to your friends in your homeroom.

"You just got here and now we have to say goodbye! I'm gonna miss you, Y/N!", your friends said. You all group hugged and you were grateful for the time you had spent with them.

"Guys, don't worry! I'm not going far. We'll hang out, I promise!", you laughed, hugging them tightly.

Daichi, Sugawara, Asahi, and Kiyoko came out of a classroom and saw you hugging your friends goodbye. Sugawara gestured to you to come and you released from the hug to start walking over.

"Goodbye! Stay out of trouble!", you yelled, waving goodbye and walking over to the group. You wiped your watering eyes and sniffed, mourning the death of your highschool life.

"Here", Asahi said, handing you a tissue packet from his pocket. You laughed and accepted it wholeheartedly.

"Thanks bubs", you smiled. You stretched up and kissed Asahi on his cheek. "OK I promise I won't cry when we say goodbye to the boys."

"You shouldn't make promises you can't keep", Daichi stated.

"But I'm gonna miss them so much!"

You grabbed Asahi's arm as you, Daichi, Kiyoko, Sugawara, and him walked down the stairs to go to the gym. Your friends, who had watched you kiss Asahi on the cheek, stood in shock that you and the "guy in high school for five years" were dating.

"I still can't believe Y/N is dating Azumane. I didn't know she was into older guys- OW!", one of your friends said, getting punched in the shoulder by another girl.

"He's our age!", the girl said. "And that's Y/N's boyfriend, so have some respect!'

All the girls nodded their heads as they watched you walking with your new boyfriend. Happiness is all they wished for you and that wish was granted.