Chapter 11: You're My Boyfriend Now!

It might not be for a while but when you find them, you'll know...

Cheers echoed throughout the gym. The clapping of hands roared as the Karasuno team claimed their victory. Squeaking shoes glided across the floor as the boys made their way over to the net to shake the hands of their opponents. Out of respect, the boys went to the stands and bowed in thanks to their supporters who came to cheer for them. The air was filled with excitement as Karasuno walked to the bench, congratulating each other on the win. They were moving on to the next round and they were pumped to take on their next challenger.

Hinata and Kageyama arrived at the bench first. You gave Hinata a high five for him scoring the winning point. "Good job out there!"

"Thank you Y/N!", he smiled. "I hope Kenma makes it to the next round so I can play against him!"

Tanaka and Nishinoya made their way to the bench and you fist-bumped them. "I saw you guys out there, good job!"

"Thank you, thank you", Nishinoya flaunted.
"See? I told you I was cool!", Tanaka shouted.

"Fine Tanaka you win, you're cool", you sighed. Tanaka laughed and walked over to Kiyoko who gave him a celebratory high-five.

You congratulated the other boys on the team and when Daichi and Sugawara walked up to you, you held out your hands for them to slap with theirs.

"Come on, give me some!", you yelled.

Daichi low-fived you and Sugawara wound up his arm like he was powering up. "Suga, don't do it too hard!", Daichi scolded.

"No, give me everything you got!" You didn't expect Sugawara to hit you too hard because he was a setter but were surprised when your hand stung after his hand left yours.

"Oh wow, that was something", you winced in pain.

"I'm sorry, are you OK?", Sugawara asked.

"No I'm fine, I told you to give me everything you got...and you did..."

Daichi and Sugawara walked away and the last one left was Asahi. He was redoing his bun and his anatomy in that position was like the one of a Greek god. You saw him walking towards you and the pain in your hand vanished. Your lower body had a mind of its own and started moving towards Asahi. You were so proud of him, you had to show him, you had to tell him, you had to. You've suppressed your fondness of Asahi for so long that it overflowed like a fountain and you didn't want to shut it off.

"Asahi!" Asahi looked up to see you charging at him full speed. He panicked but his hands automatically wrapped around you when you jumped on top of him. "You did so well!"

"Hey! All we got were high-fives, how come he gets a hug?", Hinata cried out. Sugawara covered his mouth so everyone could eavesdrop on the conversation you and Asahi were about to have.

He went from panic to calm when he held you in his arms. You looked at him smiling from ear to ear. He wanted to hold you like that forever but he felt you pulling away so he let go. "Oh, thanks Y/N."

"I can't believe they booed you! You're lucky there's a lot of witnesses here because I would have- You know what, it doesn't even matter. After all, that spike during the second quarter was amazing!"

When you talked about Asahi, Asahi started to tingle all over. Other than Nishinoya, no one has ever talked about him like that, let alone a girl. The uncontrollable feeling of wanting to place his lips on yours took over him but was blocked by his fear of going for it. He didn't want to rush things, but he knew you liked him, but he didn't want things to go like last time. His lips trembled and the moment was right. Asahi was a race car revving up his engine, waiting for you to give him the green light.