Chapter 10: Self-destruction

Chapter 10

Self-destruction

A part of him was still hoping that they could have stay on that island a bit longer. But they were back to their lives in a snap. A week had passed and Gulf was still trying to convince himself not to miss his man too much. He knew that Mew was with his wife, Stella. They were both busy for the Praichakorn Ball.

“Boss. Madame Sirene is outside.” one of his garage men told him while they were busy at monitoring the new delivered cars.

He sighed and went outside the secluded hall. He found his wife standing at the corner. Why didn't she wait instead inside my office?, Gulf thought.

“Sire…”

The woman saw him and rushed to pull him into a tight hug. She was sobbing uncontrollably on his chest. He panicked and immediately broke the hug to hold her shoulders so that he could see her face.

“What's wrong?” he softly asked.

Sirene stared at him with her swollen eyes. She was still sobbing but still able to give him a faint smile.

“You made a promise to me. Don't leave me, okay?” she said out of nowhere. She smiled even more until her eyes went chink, but tears were still pouring at the corner of it.

Gulf couldn't get it. He was feeling shitty inside again. He knew that his wife was feeling the rift of their relationship. It was always there since the beginning. The rift was just getting bigger day by day. They were just fooling themselves.

“I-I'm not planning to leave you…” he swallowed the lump in his throat for feeding her lies. Gulf wanted to bring out the truth, but he valued her so much that he could not get himself to hurt her even more.

Sirene hushed when they went to his office. They had served with lunch by the garage's personal cook. Gulf had no appetite, but seeing his wife eating quietly, he knew he couldn't be rude to her.

“Uhh… Do you want to come with me? Praichakorn Ball later at eight.” Sirene trailed off.

Gulf put down his soup and stared at her. He wanted to come, but something was off that he couldn't point out.

“Babe?”

“Ohh. Alright. I'm coming with you.”

It was so fast that he found himself choosing a formal attire for the Ball. He wanted to look good because they would represent the Traipitongphul businesses. Sirene was with him, fitting the ball gown made by her designer.

“What do you think?” She hesitatedly asked Gulf when she saw him staring at her on the mirror.

Gulf clapped and winked. “Too gorgeous to be on that party.”

“You really know how to use flattery, huh?” Sirene shook her head.

It was a long, tiring fitting session. The clock struck at five when they went home and began to prepare for the Ball.

Sirene's choice was not to call for her stylist. She was the one who did her make up and helped Gulf to wear his tux. They took almost two hours from all of it and been done at exactly 7.

A luxury car paraded in front of their house. Their ride was smooth. Gulf was gently holding her wife's hand until they had reached the grand hotel for the Ball. They had already worn their masks as the theme of the party was masquerade.

Mew tried for this, Gulf thought. He proudly walked down the red carpet with his wife. The flashes of cameras were all over the area. They were guided by the media to make some poses. It was somewhat awkward for them, but Gulf knew better.