Chapter 12: To come out

Chapter 12

To come out

“Gulf, let's talk…" Mew could hardly utter his words because the lump on his throat made it hard for him to talk.

Gulf was just staring blankly at him. Mew's trying his best to get his attention, but all he could get was cold shoulders.

“Are you upset?” he cooed.

The man sighed and rest his arms on the table. His piercing eyes landed on Mew's.

“I am not. What do you need? I have an appointment today with a client. I'm quite busy.” The glint of irritation was in Gulf's voice.

Mew smiled and held the man's hand.
“I just want to be with you.”

Gulf rolled his eyes. He took Mew's hand off him.
“Don't you have work? You are literally the CEO, and it doesn't mean that you will slack off.”

Mew went silent. He was guilty. He canceled all his meetings and appointments just to be with his bunny, who looked like did not want to be with him. He wanted to avoid being sensitive and unreasonable. But… He was afraid by the thought of breakage.

“F-Fine. Let's just see each other later?” Mew asked with hesitation.

Gulf nodded. He got a hold of his bag and stood up. He left without glancing at Mew. He was too cold. Mew could say that Gulf had never been colder than that before. He knew that there was something wrong.

“Baby, what's running inside your head? I badly want to know…”

He rested his head on the table. The aroma of the coffee soothed his nose. It was 8 when he called Gulf at the shop, but he did not last even an hour.
He was about to sip his drink when he heard the familiar ringtone of his phone.

His eyes widened. One of his pals was calling him!

“Why the fuck are you calling me after 9 years of vanishing in the air, you son of a bitch?”

The man on the other line chortled.
“Hey, too much curses you still got there, bud. I'm back.”

Mew sarcastically chuckled. “Yeah, Kaow. Get your ass here and let me kill you for leaving me years ago.”

“Here we go again! Musician no more because I'm now a businessman. Sounds great, right?” he laughed at his own.

“Show off. So, where the heck are you now?” Mew was thrilled to meet his friend again.

“I'm on my way to a business meeting. Wanna join? You know cars and race.”

It was a good idea for Mew. He wanted to avert his mind to something else until Gulf wanted to talk to him.

“Sure.”

“Alright. Gonna text you the address.”

Mew ended the call. He stood up, got his coffee, and went out of the shop. He maneuvered his car to the restaurant his friend texted him.

When he was on his way, his phone beeped again. It was Stella.

“Hey. Gonna be at home late. I just called to inform you.”

“Why—

The call was dropped. It was a pleasure talking to her, Mew thought in sarcasm. It was always like that since god knows when. Stella would go home very late. She would not stay at home even an hour. She was always busy for god knows what. Modelling, travelling, whatever was that, Mew did not want to be involved with it. Stella would make it hard for him always.