Chapter 3: Dinner

Chapter 3

Dinner

Two weeks passed by and Gulf was really anxious over something. He would always pace back and forth while frustratingly messing up his hair like he had a huge problem.

The mini garage was in a busy setting. His men, Techno and Bruno, were facilitating the business while he was sitting on his table, sighing from time to time. He was nervous and baffled. His mind was in haywire.

“Boss! The three slots are done. There are still four slots for the new arrived cars,” Bruno interrupted his thoughts.

He did not utter anything and just gave Bruno a simple nod. The reason he was always spacing out for the past few days was because he was getting real anxious about the marriage deal. Tomorrow would be the so-called dinner of him and his soon-to-be wife.

“Tech, how's the feeling of having a wife?” Gulf asked out of nowhere.

His men, baffled, choked on their food when they heard the curious question of their boss.

Techno grinned playfully.

“Why, boss? Are you finally in love?” The silly gave him a goofy smile.

Gulf scoffed. “Nothing. Just answer my damn question.”

“Fine! Chill, boss. Being married to my wife is a combination of bitter-sweet experience. There are sweet moments and times wherein you will find yourself arguing with her. But we won't let the day pass to solve the problem. Even we argue a lot, we always end up in each other's arms every night.”

Gulf shut his eyes as he witnessed how Techno dreamily told his married life story. It gave him goosebumps.

He could not see or even imagine himself doing the same thing. Damn it!

“And boss, you know what will happen when the night comes—

“Yeah, yeah… Enough!”

He would not want to hear about that part. It was just so impossible for him to think that he would be like that after the marriage. He was not after all in love with his soon-to-be wife.

The exact day came by. Gulf became more anxious while preparing his formal get up for the dinner. There were still hours before the meet up, so he agreed to visit a public gym to release some heat.

“You're here, darling!”

He ignored the woman who was openly hitting on him since the day he got a membership card on that gym. The woman's name was Ylona, a daughter of a corrupt senator.

Ylona annoyed him for the past two hours. He would just ignore or cut her off, but the woman was very persistent. It was getting on his nerves.

“Stop it, Ylona. I am getting married soon, so back off.”

“No! I don't believe you!” She acted like some spoiled kid, glaring at him.

“I don't care if you believe me or not. Leave me alone."

The woman ended up crying and walking away.

Gulf went home after cooling down. He scanned himself in front of the body length mirror inside his room. He even applied wax on his hair, making it sexy slicked back hair. Furthermore, he got himself an expensive spray for finishing touches.

And he was good to go.

He used his car to reach the fancy place that the Attorney told him days ago. When he parked his car, he noticed a familiar frame of a man wearing a suit standing proud at the mini garden of the restaurant.

He knew it was Mew. And just the simple mention of the man's name was enough to make Gulf feel something inside him.

“Hi...”

“Hey...”

It was like the world went in slow motion when Mew smiled at Gulf. He looked dashing in his black suit while holding a bouquet of flowers.

They were about to talk further when two expensive cars arrived. It was a dramatic entrance of two women, wearing their bodacious dress that perfectly fitted their body and aura.

“Wow...” All they could say.

On that night, inside a fancy restaurant. Mew and Gulf finally met their future wives.

Stella Praichakorn from the Praichakorn's Household was the woman selected for Mew Suppasit Jongcheveevat. Her family's business, the Praichakorn Empire was consisted of resorts, casino, and chain of five-star hotels in the country. She was an in-demand model and a self-proclaimed high-maintenance woman alive. She was known for being a brat and a bitch. Not only that, she was a proud notorious boyfriend-stealer in town.

She really had a bad, bad reputation.

“Hey, hot guy. Which hotel we'll be heading later? Tell me so I can change my outfit.” She sipped on her champagne flute while eyeing Mew in a  seductive manner.

“Uhh... Nice to meet you, Stella. Let's have a proper talk first, I guess? Before anything else.” Mew just wanted to run away. Away from the woman who was already caressing his thigh with her red pointed heels!

Sirene Traipitongphul was matched for Gulf Kanawut Traipipattanapong. The innocent-looking woman who were totally the opposite of Stella. She was from the Traipitongphul clan. She was very elegant, well-mannered, and reserved. Their clan's businesses were known for machineries and shipping line.

Unlike the previous woman, she never had a scandal or any bad reputation. And just like that, she was a total package.

“Hi, I'm pleased to finally meet you. You are Gulf, right? I hope we get along really well.” She sweetly smiled at the guy sitting in front of him.

Gulf nervously drank on his glass of water. He glanced at Mew, who at the same time glanced back at him. They gave each other a knowing look.

“We screwed up so bad, man. Everything is over!” Gulf tried to enjoy the last night of him being a bachelor.

Mew and Gulf were already in a high-end bar. They laughed and drank together. They both wanted to get fucking wasted to wash away their thoughts about getting married!

“I say, we let out the motherfucking beast tonight!” The DJ shouted.

They danced with the wild crowd and drank so many expensive bottles.

But little did they know, they would end waking up in the same bed the next morning.

“Fuck! Where are my clothes?" Gulf panicked while looking for his clothes.

Mew, on the other side was still lying on his slumber. Butt naked in front of Gulf's widening eyes.

“Damn! There's no fucking way 'it' happened!” Gulf fixed himself quickly and ran away from the hotel room without looking back.

Seven years later...