Chapter 10

After doing several tests and seeing that Buckys arm worked fine Shuri said he was good to go.

"Hey um...thanks for staying," he said looking at me very serious. "You didn't have to," he added with a small smile.

"I know, I wanted too," I told him with a reassuring smile. "Well I think I'm going to-"

"Hey!" I heard Steve as he comes running up to us down the hallway interrupting my sentence.

"Hey?"

"Hey man, how'd it go? I was gonna be there I promise but I had something urgent to go to."

"Its fine Steve," he said with a small smile.

"So?" He asked as Bucky took his jacket off to show his arm in full motion.

"Wow that looks great!"

"Yea, it's also very light like you said so that's a plus," he chuckles before putting his jacket back on.

"Well as I was going to say I'm going to head upstairs now I'm pretty tired and it's getting late."

"Alright then J I'll see you later," Steve said.

I waved them goodbye before I head back upstairs to rest after sitting for hours waiting for Bucky to wake.

*****

I woke up around three in the morning which was rare. Probably because I kinda took a nap when I was waiting with Bucky in the infirmary, I'm probably just not as tired.
I decided to head downstairs to grab a glass of water until I bumped into someone in the hallway.

"Bucky?"

"Jane?"

"W-What are you doing up here I thought you slept downstairs like in the infirmary or something?"

"Uh yea well Steve convinced Tony again to let me sleep in a proper room so.."he says with emphasis on "again" before pointing towards the room he was just about to walk into before I ran into him.
His room wasn't too far from mine, just down the hall.

"Oh well that's great, you'll probably sleep better."

"Yea," he said looking down.

"Well I couldn't sleep again as I'm sure you're well aware of by now so I'm just gonna get going and I'll let you get back to sleep," I said before smiling and walking off.

He didn't say anything back but when I turned to him before stepping into the elevator to go downstairs he simply waved goodbye at me before going into his bedroom.

I got downstairs and when I entered the room I saw Tony was already in the kitchen looking through the fridge.

"Tony?" I whisper.

"Hey," he says popping his head out from behind the fridge door.

"What are you doing up this late?"

"I should be asking you the same question."

"Oh, I couldn't sleep so I came to grab a glass of water."

"Ah well you know me...always up late working," he says closing the fridge with a drink in his hand.

"You really should stop working so late. Plus you know Pepper doesn't like it and I hate seeing you guys argue."

"Yea...you're probably right, but hey don't worry about me. You should head up and sleep, I don't want to have to drag you out of bed for our public conference thing."

"Don't worry about me, I have to wake up early either way. Steve is gonna start me on my training tomorrow so I need to be up and ready early in the morning."

"Even more of a reason," he said as we both head into the elevator.

"Hey..I didn't know you let Bucky stay in one of the rooms. You finally warming up to him?" I asked after pressing my floor in the elevator and Tony pressing the floor to his office after.

"Ummm no, Im just tired of Steve whining to me about how he's not an animal or whatever and how he shouldn't be kept in isolation downstairs like an animal."

"Wow that's..extreme."

"Yea...and how did you know?" he asked turning to look at me concerned and curious.

"Well, Steve told me while we waited for Bucky to wake up from his procedure with his new arm." I lied and decided to only tell him some of what happened yesterday but too afraid to tell him I just so happen to have Bucky on the same floor as me. He probably just had him pick a room without realizing if he doesn't know we are on the same floor, unless he doesn't care and trusts me but I doubt it. I Don't want to risk him changing his mind and throwing him back downstairs into the infirmary when I know it's better for Bucky to be staying in a room, I hope he's doing better.

"You were there?! What have I been telling you?"

"What I was only there for a little and Steve was with me the whole time," I lied again trying to calm him down before he totally explodes on me.

"Whatever...just, be careful around him."

"Tony...I've talked to him and been around him for a bit and he seems okay to me. He's never made me feel scared and Steve trusts him so I don't know why you're so worried of me being around him. He's not what you think he his."

"You know that from what? So you talk to him maybe twice and now you think you know him? J trust me there are some things you just don't know."

"Okay then tell me," I say as the elevator door opens to his floor.

"Again, it doesn't concern you," he said with a sigh placing his hands over his face. "Look, I'm fine with you being around him as long as you're not alone alright? You don't who he really is so just trust me and keep your distance," he says in a softer tone.

"Alright," I say with a smile as he steps out and the doors close to take me to my floor.

As I step out of the open elevator door to my floor I start to feel tired. I was ready to head into my room to go to bead until I heard some noises as I walked towards my room.
It sounded like loud talking until I heard what sounded like someone screaming "no."
As I followed the noise it sounded like it was coming from Bucky's room. Is he fighting with someone?
I knocked calling out his name lightly to see if he was okay, but I got no response as I continued to hear the same shouting. I didn't want him to wake anyone up and quite frankly I was a bit worried. I hesitate opening the door until I heard something break and I went in.