Alone

TW:  suicidal thoughts, slight mention of possible suicide attempt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oikawa had been at Semi's dorm for many hours now, keeping him company and making sure that he's okay. Semi had fallen asleep on his bed, while Oikawa was sitting at Semi's desk, playing on his phone. 

Oikawa was glad that he had decided to stop by Semi's dorm to check on him because he knows exactly what would have happened if he didn't come. Losing Semi would be horrible. The two hadn't known each other for that long, but they had become pretty close friends over the time that they had known each other. 

Oikawa then heard Semi's phone start ringing, and he quickly walked over to Semi's bed to grab the phone and try to decline the call before the noise woke Semi up. 

Unfortunately, Oikawa didn't decline the call fast enough because right before he got to Semi's phone he heard Semi ask, "Could you hand me my phone?"

Oikawa turned around to see Semi sitting up, and he nodded, grabbing Semi's phone and handing it to him. 

Semi didn't check the caller ID before answering the call, "Uh hey, what's up?" he said.

Oikawa then saw Semi's eyes widen as Semi quickly ended the call and put his phone in his pocket.

Oikawa tilted his head in confusion, "Who was that?" he asked.

Semi shook his head, "No one important, it's fine."

Oikawa nodded, not wanting to push Semi to answer, "If you say so."

The two setters were quiet for a little while, and Oikawa was deep in thought. He knew what Semi was going through, but he didn't really know if he should mention it again and try and get Semi to talk.

He didn't want to make Semi upset or uncomfortable by asking him questions, but Oikawa also wanted to know what was going through Semi's head.

Oikawa remembers a few years back, he had really bad depression, and he still does, but it's getting better. Once he started to talk about what was going on, it slowly helped him feel better. It took time, but Oikawa is much happier than he used to be. 

Of course he still struggles a lot, but things are getting better. He wants to help Semi, and make sure Semi gets the help he needs. 

Oikawa eventually decided to speak up, "Hey... Semi? I have a question."

Semi looked over at Oikawa, he already knew where this conversation was headed. "Don't."

Oikawa frowned, "Semi I just want to know what you're thinking right now... I want to make sure that you will be okay."

Semi sat there for a few seconds debating on whether or not to tell Oikawa the truth. He knows that if he tells Oikawa what he's feeling, Oikawa won't leave him alone for days. He knows that Oikawa would try and convince him to talk to a professional. And Semi doesn't want that. All he wants right now is to be alone so that he can end it all. That's all he wants. "I will be okay, I promise you. I'm not going to do anything to myself. I promise."

Semi gave Oikawa a smile to try and convince him further.

Oikawa raised an eyebrow at him, debating on whether or not to believe him. The two stood there in silence until Oikawa's phone buzzed, he got a text. He looked at his phone to read the message, and cursed under his breath.

"Shit, I have to go," Oikawa looked over at Semi. He knew he shouldn't leave but his mom needs him home right now.

Semi nodded, holding back a small smile, he would finally get to be alone. "Alright well, bye then I guess."