My New Friend

By the time I woke up, it was dark. So I assumed it was nighttime. I turned on the lamp by the bed and got a good look at the room. Or should I say my room.

It was white. Hella white. Like a minimalist threw up in here. White walls, bed, carpet, dresser, and the desk. Oh no. This will not do. I got out the bed and unfortunately, my legs gave out and I fell. But before I could hit the ground, strong arms grabbed me.

"Are you okay?" A deep voice asked frantically. I looked up and saw the spitting image of Jase.

He looked like he was 6'6, he wasn't skinny but he wasn't bulky. If I ran a finger across his jawline I would get a cut.

"I'm fine," I got out of his arms "are you Jase's son?" I asked. He nodded his head.

"My name is Grayson. My father told me to take care of you when you wake up. So, is there anything that I can be of service to you, Princess Taylor?"

"Please don't call me that, I haven't gotten used to it." I pleaded.

"Well that's the only way you can get used to it though." He replied.

"I guess you're right." I chuckled. He was staring at me for a little while.

"Take a picture it'll last longer." I retorted. He threw his head back with a loud laugh.

"You're funny. I guess your personality is just as good as your beauty." He smirked. Uh-oh. "Wait I see that look. Do you have a mate. I'm so sorry if you do I didn't know."

A little fun won't hurt. "No it's okay. I'm not bonded." I smiled at him.

"But do have a mate?" He asked again.

"Don't we all?" I gave him a curious look.

"Touché. So are you dating anyone?"

"No I'm not dating. I have dated anyone in a long time though. I mean, I'm seeing someone but we aren't dating really. Yet he's so possessive of me it's like we are."

"What pack is he in? He has to be a high-ranking wolf. You deserve the best of the best." Wow this dude is not shy.

"He isn't really a pack kind of guy.." I mumbled. Grayson bugged his eyes.

"Wait your "boy toy" is a rogue? Is he Falcon?" He asked.

"No my "boy toy" isn't a bird thank you very much." I retorted. "But that was kind of funny. That whole boy toy thing."

He put is hand on the back of his neck. "Uhh so is there anything that I can do for you?"

"You're so awkward! It's cute. I'm hungry." I laughed.

He gave me a little smile and guided me to the kitchen.

"Damn." That was all that I could say. I thought my kitchen was the bomb but this one, this one knocked it out of the park.

"Eat whatever you want. We have two chefs. One in the morning and one at night." Grayson informed.

I walked to the freezer and scanned the food. I grabbed a box of Thin Mints and a platter of California rolls. Hm. That's a weird combo.

Grayson raised an eyebrow and what I picked out. "I never knew anyone that would eat Girl Scout Cookies and sushi as a meal." He murmured.

"First time for everything I guess." I sat down on a barstool and he did the same. "So tell me Grayson, who's this Falcon guy?" I asked as I began eating.

"I don't know if I should tell you.." He let out a deep breath. "But what the hell, you'll find out one way or another." I smiled at him. "Falcon is a rogue. Well a rogue assassin. He doesn't belong to a pack but packs work with him. No one has ever seen him. Or if they have they haven't lived to tell us. Only my father has seen him. He and Falcon apparently used to work together way back when. He would know more about him than me." He informed.

I was too busy engrossed in his speech to eat my food and the frozen thin mints were starting to thaw. I continued eating.

"And you thought that I would be dating him? Wow you are something else." I mumble.

"Well what am I supposed to know! I know nothing about you." He yelled.

"Well what do you want to know about me?" I asked. He looked off into nowhere thinking of something.

"What's your middle name?"

"Monét. Yours?"

"Well Grayson really is my middle name. Daniel is my first name. I just prefer Grayson though." I nodded my head.

"So how do you know my father?" He asked.

"You should ask him. He'll tell you the truth." I grumbled.

"What do you mean?" He wondered. Before I could answer, Jase walked in.

"Great timing." I said sarcastically. Jase ignored my remark and gave us a stern look.

"Daniel, take Taylor to the nest. Now." He then ran off.

Grayson grabbed my hand and I grabbed the rest of my thin mints and was dragged along. I tried to get my California rolls but it was a lost cause.

I kept tripping over my feet because Grayson was practically dragging me by the arm. He let out a growl and I gasped when picked me up and used his wolf speed to get to the destination quicker. I grasped Grayson's shirt in fear of falling and buried my head into his neck.

We arrived at some steel doors with four men guarding it. They let us pass and Grayson carried me in. He set me down on a bedish chair looking thing.

"Are you alright?" He started to fix my hair and I slapped his hands away and started doing it myself. He rolled his eyes at me and started working at this control center thing.

I looked around and I noticed that there were screens on one side of the room showing all throughout the house and outside of it.

I walked over to Grayson and started staring at him in hopes of catching his attention.

"Take a picture it'll last longer." He echoed. I let out a loud laugh and that was when he finally looked at me. He was giving me a goofy yet cute smile.

"You got me Grayson." I said in between laughing.

"Mission accomplished, my darling." He declared. What did that mean? I just pretended that I didn't hear it.

"So.. what is this place?" I asked.

"It's called "the nest"; code for the Royal security room. We're under attack and I'm given the honorable task of protecting you." He proclaimed.

"I don't know of that last part was sarcasm or not.." I said.

"Believe me. It is not." He gave me a wink and went back to the computer thing.

I stood over him and bent down where my head lined up with his. "What is that?" Right when I said it he immediately stiffened.

"Checking the grounds and making sure you are safe." He seemed like he struggled to get those words out.

"Do you know how long this will take? I have to pee." I asked.

He let out a little chuckle. "This isn't like one of those school drills were it only lasts for five minutes. This is the real deal. It could take one hour or eight hours. We never really know." I groaned at that.

"I'm gonna take a nap." I walked over to the couch and laid down.

"It opens up into a bed." He said.

"It's alright I never know how to open those up anyway." Right after I said that he was in by my side in an instant and pulled out the bed from the couch.

"Thanks." I gave him a peck on the cheek.

"So that's what I have to do to get a kiss? Sweet!" He strode back to his chair triumphantly. I giggled at him and got into the covers and dozed off dreaming about a certain wolf.