Apologies

Xavier's POV

"Hey X wait up!" I turned around to face Jace running up to me.

"Why was she with that mutt?"

"Hey watch it. That's my son you're talking about." Jase warned.

"Wait, your son was with my mate?" Jase nodded. "I guess I can't kill him then." Jase growled.

"You hurt Taylor. Did you know that?" He asked.

"I didn't mean to say it. I was just mad, and confused. Did she get with him to get back at me?"

"I'm not the one you should be talking about this with, friend." He patted my shoulder. "You should talk to her." With that said, he walked off.

I started pacing back and forth. "This woman is driving me crazy." I said out loud.

"I'm driving you crazy? Then you must be steering me into insanity!" I didn't even notice that Taylor was right there.

"We need to talk. Follow me." I started walking off.

"No way. You have no idea where you're going. You follow me." Taylor grabbed me and led me through the halls. She smiled and waved at the people passing by. She quickly opened some french doors and pulled me in.

"Why were you acting like everything is okay?" I asked.

"Because they don't need to know what's happening between us." She simply answered. She hesitated, then tried to walk up to me. I placed one hand up telling her to stop.

"I'm losing control. It doesn't help that you smell like that dog. I don't want to risk hurting you. So please, just stay there." I warned.

"How can I comfort you?"

"I don't need comforting right now. I need an explanation." I snapped.

"I was mad at you. I just wanted to get back at you." She admitted. She wasn't looking at me. I guess there's something on the floor that needs her attention.

"Taylor, I need you to understand that we're mates and I am nothing without you. So seeing you with that guy made me livid." I was trying to remain calm for Taylor's sake.

She sighed in defeat and sat down. "I know. I regret what I did. I'm so sorry. I was just so angry." She buried her head in her palms.

I walked over to her and knelt down so I was eye level with her. I gently pulled her hands away from her and held them in mine.

"How did you do that?" Taylor asked. I knew she was referring to herself becoming instantly calm.

"We're mates, princess." I gave her a wink.

"Speaking of the mate stuff, I have some questions about it." I stood up and guided her to the bed. I sat down and she starting to sit next to me but I had other plans. I grabbed her waist and placed her on my lap. She glared at me but smiled after.

"I don't know how I'm going to be able to think like this." She muttered.

"Or we could just not think." I moved my hand between her thighs and she let out a squeal and grabbed my hand.

"Stop I'm serious. I'll get off of you if you can't control yourself." Taylor warned. I knew she wasn't kidding so my face got serious.

"What do you want to know?" I asked.

Taylor stared off into nothing for a little bit. Probably thinking of what to ask.

"What all comes with the mate bond thing?"

"Well we would have a deeper connection. Like we can feel each other's feelings and hear each other's thoughts. We can't be away from each other for a long time. I'm pretty sure there's more but that's all I can think of." I watched her register everything that I told her.

"Is there a way to block my thoughts and feelings from you?" Taylor asked. Jealousy was coming out again.

"Why would you want to keep them from me?" I asked. I was annoyed.

"I like privacy," she simply stated, "I wouldn't mind if you kept things from me." She added.

I debated telling her the truth or not. I want to trust that she won't be thinking about another man. But considering what she did with that dog..

"Yes there is a way to block me from your thoughts and feelings." I gritted out.

Taylor must've noticed my annoyance with the thought of me not being able to hear her thoughts. She placed her hand on my cheek.

"There's only you. Trust me." Taylor reassured me.

Before I could say anything there was a knock on the door. Instinctively, I pulled her behind me.

"Who is it?" Taylor asked from behind me.

"It's Lydia." She opened the door and I tightened my hold on Taylor.

"Dinner is ready so you can come down. Leave the bloodsucker up here though. I will not have that any closer to my pack." She closed the door quickly before we could say anything.

"I don't like that bitch." Taylor said.

I laughed. "Hey it's alright." I kissed her forehead. "Go eat I'll be okay up here."

"Okay but I won't be able to help myself if she says something like that again." She warned me as she walked out the door.