From bliss to agony

After Amelia and Jase left it was around 10pm and I was getting ready for bed. Xavier just got back home from his hunt.

"I wonder what happens when he doesn't hunt?" I hope he wouldn't drink from me, but part of me doesn't mind the thought of that. Man my mind is so messed up.

"I lose control and turn into the monster that I am." I thought that he was downstairs! But here he is leaning on the doorframe to the bathroom.

"I don't think you're a monster." I walked towards him and put my hand on his cheek. He leaned into the touch and closed his eyes.

"I've killed innocent humans without a remorse. I loved to kill and see the terror in their eyes." I couldn't hear anymore of it.

"That was in the past. You've changed. You're not the person you once were before you met me. Please don't say you're a monster, it breaks my heart you see yourself that way. I don't see a monster when I look at you. When I look at you, it's like I fall in love with you all over again." It was true. I loved him. I loved him, I loved him, I loved him.

He kissed my eyes and then my nose and then my lips, all very slowly and sensual.

"I love you so, so much Taylor. I thought that I was incapable of loving. Until I met you. You taught me how to love. Even if you didn't know that you were. I am so thankful that you are in my life and for the rest of it I will try to match the love you give me." That had me in tears. I loved that Xavier showed his soft side to me only. That he feels safe enough to be vulnerable around me.

He kissed my lips and carried me to the bed. He then laid me down softly on the bed and made love to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Morning, princess." Xavier whispered into my ear while playing with my hair. How did he know I was awake? My back was towards him. I turned over to face him and started tracing his tattoo on his shoulder.

"Can you sense when I'm awake?" I'm really curious about this whole vampire thing than I am scared. Maybe because he's had three years to kill me, but he didn't.

He nodded his head. "All of my senses are heightened and I can hear your heart speed up when you awaken."

"That's really cool." He gave me a smirk. "So do vampires sleep?"

"Well those who are bitten sleep when the sun is out. But those who are born don't sleep, well they can if they want to. Or if they are seriously injured."

"Wait so what do you do while I sleep?" I bet he watches me sleep.

"Many things. Sometimes I read, I usually handle vampire business. If I have nothing to do, I watch you sleep." Bingo. I knew it.

"Okay I'm going to pretend that isn't stalkerish." I started getting out of bed but Xavier snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"Let's spend the day in bed. Come it'll be great no distractions, not having to run errands. Just you and me, love." He started kissing my neck. I leaned my head into the pillow to give him better access and let out a moan.

That's when things started to get heated. He straddled my waist and used his tongue to explore my neck. It felt really good until I felt some unusually sharp teeth which I could only guess were his fangs.

"Xavier. Stop." I didn't want him to drink my blood. I could still feel his fangs on my neck. I was terrified. What if he kills me?

"Xavier don't." I whispered. I wasn't getting anywhere. He let out a growl.

"I said stop!" I pushed him off of me. I don't know if it was the adrenaline pumping inside of me or maybe Xavier wasn't ready for the contact, but he flew into the dresser.

He just stared at me. I stared back. I have no idea what the hell just happened.

"I'm so sorry Taylor! I couldn't control myself! H-How did you do that?"

Oh god. I need to get out of here. There's someone I can talk to that knows something. "I-I need to go." I ran to the closet and threw on some clothes. Xavier was blocking the doorway.

"Please, don't go." His eyes held something in them, I just couldn't tell what.

"I need to go." I grabbed my purse and walked towards him.

"I'm begging you," he dropped to his knees and hugged my waist "please don't know. I need you with me."

"Move, Xavier. I'm not leaving to forever I just need to find out some things." Reluctantly Xavier got out of my way. He followed me downstairs and I grabbed my keys. As I started the car he walked to my door.

"Please come back. I don't know what will happen to me if you're not with me."

"I will. I promise." With that said I drove off.