Daddy Issues

I drove over to my office building hoping that Nikolai would be here. Even though it was Sunday. I knew he wasn't married or have any young children so hopefully he would be here. As I walked in I waved at Robert our security manager. He waved back and gave me a smile.

When I got to Nikolai's office I knocked on the door. He threw the door open looking a little pissed off. "What?! Oh Taylor." His face immediately softened. "What are you doing here today? You don't work on the weekends."

"I need to talk to you. Is everything okay?" I was worried about him.

"Uh yeah. Just a little stressed out." He stepped to the side for me to step in.

His office was a mess. There were papers all over the place. The desk was flipped over, and the chandelier was on the floor.

"You know Mr. Jamison, I'm just gonna come back at a better time. Because if this is you stressed out, I could only imagine what it'll be like when you're angry."

"No Taylor it's fine. Stay, please. Tell me what you wanted to talk about." Placed two chairs back in their upright position and I took a seat with him.

"Well my husband, I need to apologize for the way he acted yesterday at the luncheon. He's very possessive of me."

"I don't blame him. It's in his nature. In a man's nature. Because he's a man." He knows something.

"Right, so um anyway. What has you so stressed?" I looked around the room.

"Business."

"Well is there anything I can help you with? I can call a clean up crew. Order a new chandelier or-"

"No no no it's fine. I don't want you to have to clean up my mess." He interrupted.

"Well this," I gestured to around the room "isn't what I wanted to talk about. Is there anywhere more private we can go to?"

He stood up and walked to the bookshelf and pulled a book back. I heard these gears and some movement behind the shelf. Then the bookshelf moved and behind it was a passage to somewhere.

"Follow me." I looked at him unsure. "You can trust me. I'm not going to hurt you. Or lock you up in here." He walked into the darkness of the tunnel. I reluctantly followed.

For a few minutes we were walking and the only thing you could hear were my heels against the marble flooring. Sometime after, he stopped and flipped a switch that turned on several lights.

The things that I were seeing was astonishing. It was like a huge library. Books were everywhere surrounding me. I walked around it the types of books were peculiar.

Canis Lupus, Warlocks, Mermaids on and on books about mythical creatures. I went to the biography section and the whole time Nikolai was staring at me.

There were millions of books, but two immediately caught my eye. The Blackwell Family and Nikolai Jamison. Why was Nikolai in this library? Oh god. He was a supernatural too? I took out both books and started reading through Nikolai's life.

"Anything you want to know about me you can just ask." He smiled. Crap. I thought to myself. I forgot he was here.

"Why are you showing me this? None of this stuff has anything to do with me?" He walked over to me.

"Please. Do you really think I'm stupid? Mrs. Blackwell? Yes, I know that last name anywhere. And be careful about using it too. I know many people who would love to kill a Blackwell."

"So you know about Xavier?" I wonder what supernatural creature he is..

"Yes. I knew him long before you introduced me to him. We were- or are rivals. I'm the Canis Lupus, or werewolf king. Werewolves and bloodsuckers do not get along easily. But Xavier and I put aside our differences. For you." He smiled at me.

"Wait wait wait. Why? What's so great about me?" What is Nikolai not telling me?

"Well you know how I've always had a soft spot for you, right?" I nodded my head.

"Well it's not because I have attractive feelings for you. You don't need to worry about that." He reassured me.

"Well why then? Why all the raises and promotions?" Why the gifts?"

He grabbed the book about him and flipped through the pages. "Taylor, how's your mom?"

"She's fine. Don't try to steer away from the subject. Why the soft spot?"

"Does she talk to you about your father?" Okay now I'm getting scared.

"She told me that he was a coward for leaving me and her. I would always ask about him but she only told me negative things about him." He frowned at that.

"Why are you asking me these questions?" I whispered.

"Taylor, you're my daughter."