A new type of love

When I got to Jase's apartment. I was about to knock on the door, but I heard moaning behind it. I was afraid to interrupt whatever was going on, but I needed to be somewhere safe.

I knocked on the door and waited. They probably didn't hear me. I knocked even louder. Still hearing the moaning.

"Jase! Open the door!" I was losing my patience.

Finally the door opened. But it wasn't Jase. It was Amelia. I knew there was something going on between them. She looked shocked to see me.

"Please don't tell my brother." She pleaded.

"Don't worry he's not with me. I won't tell him. Can I come in? I need to talk to Jase." She stepped to the side for me to walk in.

I've never been inside his apartment before. It was really contemporary. Modern everywhere. It didn't seem much like a home, but to each their own.

"What are you doing here, Taylor?" Jase walked around the corner into the foyer.

"Xavier said I need to stay here because it isn't safe back home." I turned to Amelia. "Your father sent vamps to hunt me down. And now Xavier is going to go talk to his father."

"My father did this? He's a good man. I can't believe it." Jase put an arm around Amelia.

"Well your brother doesn't think the same about your father. How long can I stay here?" I asked Jase. I needed to talk to him. Alone.

"However long you like. Mi casa es tu casa."

"I should leave. You need to tell Jase something, don't let me stop you." Amelia stood up gave and Jase a kiss on the cheek. Jase smiled at Amelia. They are a really cute couple.

Once I heard the door close I sat down. "So what did you need to talk about?" Jase asked.

"You know my boss, Nikolai Jamison right?" He froze.

"Y-yes. Yes I do."

"It's okay. I know he's a werewolf. The king of wolves more like."

"Is that all you know about him?" Woah does he know that I'm his daughter?

"Well he told me that he's my father. Did you know about that?" He nodded his head. Who else knew things about me before I even knew? He must've noticed my confused face.

"He sent me here to befriend Xavier so I can get closer to you. So I can watch out for you when he can't. Basically I am his spy."

"So our friendship. Your friendship with Xavier. Was it all a lie?" I've grown really close to him. He was Xavier's best man for Pete's sake! He knows many secrets of mine. I hoped this friendship was real.

"No! It was all real! I've grown really close to you an Xavier. And I've landed myself an awesome girlfriend."

"Wait! You and Amelia are dating? I just thought you two were just sleeping around! For how long?"

"We are much, much more than friends with benefits. We've been dating for nine months. We can't really progress in our relationship though." He looked away.

"Because of Xavier?" Jase nodded his head.

"I asked her if she wanted to move in, but she was worried because that will be a bigger chance for us to get caught. It's like we have a surreptitious relationship. Well, technically we do."

"Is it the whole vampire werewolf thing? If it is that's stupid. I think if two people actually love each other then they should be together. You do love her, right?" They would be so cute together!

"I do love her. But she isn't my mate."

"Wait so where is she. Your mate. Because you can't just have Amelia as your side chick. She's so much better than that." I know that Amelia and I aren't best friends, but I still care about her feelings.

"My mate died giving birth a couple centuries ago. My son is alive though. Don't get me wrong, I'm in love with Amelia. But no love can equal the love of a mate. You should know that." He gave me a hard look.

"What do you mean I should know that? What should I know? Because whatever I should know, I don't. Are you talking about mates? I'm not a werewolf. I don't have a mate. Right?" I'm at the point where anything can happen.

"You don't know?" I shook my head. "Well it's not my place to tell you."

I jumped off the couch. "But you already started telling me! You hinted something about having a mate to me! Finish what you started god dammit!" That rant got me out of breath.

"If I tell you, you must act the same around Xavier. You can't let him know that you already know." Jase warned.

"You mean I can't let Xavier know that you told me?" I raised my eyebrow. He chuckled.

"You know me too well, Taylor." His playfulness tone went back to his hard voice. "Werewolves aren't the only ones who have mates. Vampires call them their 'beloved'. You are Xavier's beloved."