The Trial

Today's the day. Today is when I find out what's going to happen to me. I will probably never be the same again. Gabriel leads me the arena.

"Good luck." He says.

I nod and walk in. Just like Gabriel said, there is an angel and a demon. I sit down far away from them, looking inside myself. I see fire and death and darkness. I see everything that I have done wrong. I see myself in Hell, eating other demons. A part of me wants this. My soul starts to wander towards the demon, but I stop it. Then I see light. I see feathers and wings and light. Everything is so colorful and the sun is always shining. Wait, that's not the sun. It's a person. He's giving off all the light anyone needs. My soul changes directions, and goes towards the light. I let it go. I want this. The angel is accepting me.

I open my eyes. I am kneeling in front of the angel, gasping for breath. I look up to see the angel looking down at me. He's not an ordinary angel, He's Him. God stands before me. Tears start to well up in my eyes, and I realize I am sweating.

"In the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit." He said, doing the sign of the cross.

I don't know what to say, but my mouth is already saying it. "Amen." I say.

I immediately feel so much lighter. My sorrows are no more. My Trial is over. I feel myslef changing into a white robe and I feel wings growing on my back. When I open my eyes again, both God and the demon are gone. I turn around. I am no longer in the arena. I am in Heaven. I have passed the Trial, and am now in Heaven. I look around for Gabriel, to see him standing not far off.

"You did it." He said, smiling.

"So does this mean we can stay together?" I ask.

"Yes."