The Dead Zone

I started walking. I thought it would take me at least a few days to get somewhere, but I arrived in a town in a second. The people around me started screaming 'she just appeared out of nowhere!' I ignored them. Instead, I looked around the town. I saw a visitor center. I walked inside to find a lady with staright black hair sitting behind a desk.

"Hello." She said. "Can I help you?"

"Where am I?" I asked.

"Why, you're in the Dead Zone. Everybody who dies comes here to see whether they go to Heaven or Hell."

"So am I dead then?"

"Yes. Now, what is your name?"

"I don't know. That's what I was hoping to find out."

The lady with the straight black hair frowned. She looked down at her computer screen, then back at me.

"Everybody knows their name, even the newly dead. The only ones who wouldn't know their name are demons. But they look different than us. They have dry, red skin, and curly horns. Come and see me in a few days. Maybe I'll have something then.

She looked at her computer screen again, then started typing rapidly. I left. When I got outside again, I saw that there was a news stand. I walked over to it. It read 'Warning: Demon Escaped. Be Careful!' I wonder how it's decided if you're going to Heaven or Hell. You must have to do a lot of community work or something.

I turned to leave. A shadow caught my eye. It looked at me. It has curly horns and red, dry skin. It has black holes for eyes, and red glowing beads for pupils. I heard its voice, but its lips did not move.

'Come. Follow my voice. You are special, HellChild.'