Wingless

They will all die. I am no longer who I used to be. I do not have my wings anymore, but so what. I still have my power. I know that without my wings, I am much weaker than I was before, but I will not leave here unless all the humans are dead. I can still teleport. I can travel quickly, my wings were not the only thing that could do that. I will destroy everything I touch.

I walk through the streets. Even without my wings, people are still terrified of me. They look at my red skin and curly horns, my sharp claws and teeth, and my black tail. They look in horror as I kill a human. Then I kill them. The screaming stops.

I do this over and over again. I grin at each of my kills. I take to the skies...then fall to the ground. Sometimes I forget that I have no wings. I try to flap my wings, only to find that there is nothing there. I hate these humans for what they have done. Death fills the air. Death of the humans that stripped me of my pride. I claw, I bite, I cut them down. To see their corpses on the ground fills me with such joy.

I remember a song that demons sing. It's about death and evil. It's more of a chant, though.

So many corpses on the ground,

So much sadness all around,

To see them die and all fall down,

To hear their screams throughout the town,

I drink their blood once they're gone,

I love their blood on my toungue.

I chant this over and over again. The people run and scream. It's just so perfect. It's just so wonderful. I fly...or not. Again, I realize, no wings. The humans will pay for that. Just as I am about to kill another human, a bright light blinds me. I cover my eyes. It's still there. An angel is coming.

I am struck backwards, the remaining humans run for their lives. It is only the angel and I that are left now. I stand up and look at the angel. He has enormous white wings, he's wearing a suit of gold armor, his sword his golden with a red crystal at the base of the handle. He looks straight into my eyes.

"Michael."

"Devil."

"Why are you here, archangel?" I ask.

"I am here to stop you. Whay else would I be here?" He says. "I am not here to kill you. I am here to bring you to Heaven. There is someone who wants to see you."

"Who?" I am a bit intrigued, but stunned at the same time.

"You know her already. Lela."

I sneer. She's the only human that ever got me into trouble. If it weren't for her, I would not have been sent back to Hell. "Fine. I'll come with you, but are you sure it's a good idea?"

"Personally, no. However, she asked very nicely. There is just one thing I need to do before we leave."

"What's th-"

I started to ask what he was going to do, but I found out soon enough. He lunged forward, slicing open my abdomen.

"Not again..." I say faintly.

My wound there has healed a long time ago, but it's still tender. When he cuts it again, it feels a hundred times worse than it did before.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When I wake up, I am in the hospital bed I was in the first time I was here. I moan and groan by the pain in my stomach. The air here in Heaven is just as bad aas it was before. It's hard for me to breathe. I turn my head to see Gabriel sitting up in his bed close to mine. He sees me staring and scoots away from me a bit.