Loose Ends

I'm glad I have my wings back, and that I'm an angel now, but I still need to talk to Lela and Gabriel before I start my own life in Heaven. I need to make amends.

I fly over to their house, Michael gave me their location, and I see them walking out the door. Lela sees me and stares. I just smile at her. Gabriel sees me too, but he smiles back at me. I walk over to them, but Lela stops me from getting any closer.

"What are you doing here?" She asks. Her eyes open wide as she sees that I'm an angel now. "And what happened to you?"

"I...I'm an angel now." I say. "I came to say I'm sorry. For everything. I know saying sorry isn't enough, so what can I do to make things right? I've changed. I'm no longer a demon, I'm good now."

Lela eyes me warily as I explain. I look at her in in hopes that she will see that I am not lying; that I am telling the truth for once. I give her the puppy dog face, but she still stares at me with pure hatred.

"I think we can trust her." Gabriel says. "Besides, that would explain how I got my wings back." Lela gives him a confused look. He sighs. "The only way for an angel, or a demon, for that matter, can get their wings back if they have been cut off, is for the one who cut them off becomes the opposite of what they are; meaning if a demon cuts the wings off of an angel, the demon would have to become an angel in order for the angel to get their wings back. If an angel cuts the wings off of a demon, the angel would have to become a demon in order for the demon to get their wings back."

Lela stares at him. I think I see a sense of hurt in her eyes. "You mean, it wasn't because of me?" She asks.

"Maybe part of it." Gabriel replies, rubbing the back of his head with his hand.

I don't know what happened between the two of them, but I'm glad that he has his wings back. I know that, in time, things will go back to normal; and that means the three of us could possibly be friends.

"Mora!"

I turn around to see Johnny running up to me. I pick him up and laugh. It feels so good to be...well, good.