THIRTY

Sophie awoke to beeping. It seemed as the beeping wanted to annoy her to death. 

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPP

 She opened her eyes to an empty hospital room with the annoying heart monitor next to her. She them proceeded to try to figure out why she's here.

      "Oh," Sophie said as he mouth turned into an O shaped as she remember collapsing on stage next to Keefe. 

     "KEEFE!" Her mind screeched and she felt her cheeks warm up. Then the machine of doom started to speed up at the thought of Keefe. She then felt the sudden urge to punch the heart monitor to pieces. 

     "Um hello?" Sophie called out. She removed the blanket covering her legs and tried to stand up. Resisting the urge to collapse to the ground like a blob of jelly, she then proudly stood up on two feet. Sophie tried to walk to the door when she realized that she had an IV stuck in her arm. 

      "So that's why she felt to healthy ish," Sophie thought to herself as she opened the door of the hospital room she was in.

     "Hey guys," Sophie said as she faced everyone who was in the waiting room for her. Keefe, Linh, Tam, Grady, and Edaline's face looked up and all their eyes widened in surprise as they all faced her.

      "SOPHIE!" They all called out. Some of them with worry in their tone and other with excitement or relief. 

     "Kind of getting squished to death here," Sophie laughed as they all ran to give her a hug. Well except for Tam who was giving Keefe a death glare.

    "Are you ok?" Edaline asked with the wrinkles on her forehead geeting deeper as she placed a hand on Sophie's forehead checking for any signs of pain. 

   "Mom, I'm ok really," Sophie sighed as she grabbed her mom's hands from off of her forehead and hugging her tight.  

     After all the craziness was over, they found out Sophie collapsed from dehydration, exhaustion, overworking herself and so many other things that Sophie chose to forget.

   At that moment Sophie realized something that could change her future, but it was up to her fans if it was for the better or for worse.

      "Guys I-," Sophie said facing her friends, family, and boyfriend making either the best or worst decision in her life.

                                                         THE NEXT DAY

"Are you okay?" Keefe asked as he took Sophie's petite hands in his own big calloused ones from playing guitar all the time. 

    "Just worried," Sophie admitted squeezing his hands a little bit looking into his piercing ice blue eyes.

   "It'll be okay," Keefe comforting but it didn't last long before he became his goofy self again. "Because I'M BATMAN!" and Sophie loved it.

    "Welcome back everyone, we were sad to cancel the show yesterday due to...," The announcer stated to announce only making Sophie a little more nervous.

    "Hey Soph," Linh whispered inching toward Sophie as Keefe left to fix his hair and whatnot. "How are you holding up?" 

    "Kind of nervous but otherwise feeling fine," Sophie admitted fixing her brown wig and contacts in all her nervousness. 

    "Don't worry you'll do great," Linh comforted grabbing Sophie by her shoulders and looking into her eyes. "I promise." Linh said as she pulled Sophie into one more hug before she was whisked away by Vertina.