FOURTEEN

The day of the party!

 "You guys ready!" Linh squealed as she twirled in her new dress. When Sophie became the Moonlark, she had never imagined going to a Vacker's party. Vertina insisted that the dress Linh's wearing goes perfect with her costume.

   "Yup amazing," Tam commented as he trudged out of room. "I still don't understand how you made me come anyways." 

    "Come on Tam, this will be fun!" Sophie exclaimed as she walked out of the room with her Moonlark attire.

   "Ahh! I still can't believe I'm best friends with the Moonlark! Linh squealed as she bear-hugged Sophie.

   "Come on, Linh Sandor is waiting for us." Tam said as he rolled his eyes at the hugging friends.

   "Aww Tam, don't be such so grumpy. This is a good occasion." Linh joked as she dragged Tam into the group hug.

   "Miss Foster your ride is waiting," Sandor reported from the door.

    "Okay, I'm coming!" Sophie yelled back at the grumpy bodyguard. It turns out that he was not looking forward to going to a teen's party. "Let's go guys!!" Linh and Tam rushed into the limo with Sophie and Sandor.

   "Bye mom! Bye dad! See you guys later!" Sophie called out to her parents who were waiting on the porch. They waved back as the limo left to go to the party.

                   Time skip to the partyyyy

 "Omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg," Linh squealed! "This is probably one of the best things that has ever happened to me!"

   "Linh calm down, people will notice that your acting crazy." Sophie groaned as she spotted Linh dragging Tam to the snacks.

    "Hi!" A voice said from behind her. "I'm Alden, thank you so much for attending my daughter's birthday. She really appreciates it." 

   "Oh no worries! Thank you so much for letting me bring my friends." Sophie thanked Alden.

  Behind her they're was a live band playing. She was just enjoying herself, and humming to herself when someone was announcing something on the microphone.

    "Now live  from the Vacker estate the Moonlark!" The announcer exclaimed into the microphone. Sophie took that as her cue to go onstage.

   "Wait! Let me say something! It is my birthday after all." A snobbish voice screeched into the microphone. "Okay now that I have your guys's attention. I would like to thank the Moonlark for attending my birthday! We are besties anyways."

   Sophie was inwardly not surprised that she would make up such a  thing, but if she wanted the money, she would have to play along.

   "Thank you so much Biana! I am honored to be here. Today, I will be singing one of my personal favorite songs. You all know it. It's Titanium! Sophie exclaimed into the microphone. (And yes I did copy and paste. Don't judge 😆)

"You shout it out
But I can't hear a word you say
I'm talking loud not saying much
I'm criticized but all your bullets ricochet
You shoot me down, but I get up
I'm bulletproof nothing to lose
Fire away, fire away
Ricochet, you take your aim
Fire away, fire away
You shoot me down but I won't fall, I am titanium
I am titanium, I am titanium, I am titanium, I am titanium
Cut me down
But it's you who has further to fall
Ghost town, haunted love
Raise your voice, sticks and stones may break my bones
I'm talking loud not saying much
I'm bulletproof nothing to lose
Fire away, fire away
Ricochet, you take your aim
Fire away, fire away
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium, I am titanium
Stone-hard, machine gun
Firing at the ones who run
Stone-hard, thus bulletproof glass
You shoot me down but I won't fall, I am titanium
I am titanium"
 Sophie sang belting all her heart out into this one song, that she adores.   The crowd at the Vacker's party loved the song and cheered for Sophie at the end of the song. Out of the whole crowd, Sophie spotted Linh and Tam excitedly clapping for her. Linh gave her a thumbs up.

   "Thank you everyone, and have a great rest of the evening!" The Moonlark said as she walked off of the stage. Sophie had an overall amazing time. She was walking away from the crowd when she heard someone drop a glass cup.

                             \\\\\\\ Flashback\\\\\\\\     

"Mommy! Do it again!" Little Sophie called to her mom. The Foster family was just finishing up their road trip, and was heading home. Sophie's mom knew how to make an amazing impression of Donald Duck, and little Sophie loved it.

   "Not now soybean, I'm driving plus your sister Amy is still sleeping." Sophie's exhausted mother called back to her daughter in the back seat.

   "Please!" Sophie begged jumping up and down in her booster seat.

    "Okay fine, but only this once, only because I love you okay." Sophie's mom said as she finally gave in to her daughter's begging.

   "Yay!" Sophie cheered, at that moment they were all one happy family. Until they weren't, at that moment a car crashed into theirs.

   Glass broke, shattering everywhere, and covering everything. Sophie's head  started to recover from the impact.

  "Mommy?" Sophie groaned as she got up. "Mommy. MOMMY! NO NO NO! Sophie rushed to her mom's body.

   "Mommy, your going to have to wake up okay, remember you love me right." Sophie cried into her mother's shirt, which was now covered in glass and blood. "I love you mommy, please wake up." Sophie kept repeating those words as she held on to her mom's body for the last time, but it was to late, the entire foster family has died in a car crash, except for Sophie.

 By the time people came to inspect what happened, all they saw was a crying girl, no older than 6 sobbing on the floor next to her dead family.                     \\\\\\\\\\ End of Flashback\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

     While Sophie recalled the flashback, she didn't want anyone to see that she was crying, so she ran off. As soon as she saw that no one was following her, she collapsed and started sobbing. She was so busy crying, that she didn't notice someone approaching her.

    "Are you okay?" A nervous voice asked. Sophie was so surprised by the voice that she tripped over her feet. When Sophie finally cleared her eyes she realized that it was none other than Liam Maxwell, they famous guitar player. He was really cute, with green eyes and brown hair, and adorable dimples when he smiles.

    "Not really," Sophie sniffled as she turned away.

   "I think you need a hug," he decided as he hugged her.

 And that's it ik there's a reason for my madness. It will all come together at the end. Remember I'm always open for suggestions! Until next time. Stay strong, stay safe! (Word count 1160)

   -Anna 😈👌🏻💋