You're One Of Us Now

<The Next Morning>

-Damon's POV-

"Ughh, I'm so hungry." I hear claire raid the fridge. I looked at the clock and it was 8:00 AM, theother guys weren't up yet.

I sighed and got up from the couch. I walk into the kitchen, only to find Claire kicking the door shut with her foot and trying to hold a stack of containers under her chin. I watched as she set them on the counter, and one by one, open the lids and shoving the food in her face.

"You know, there is a thing called a fork." I chuckled, and she looked up at me.

She wiped her mouth with a paper towel and said, "Damon, I-I didn't know you were there."

"Yeah, you kind of busy stuffing your face." I gestured towards the food.

Then she went back downing the food and after ten minutes, she polished the containers of all the food that was in them.

"Ugh i'm still hungry." She sighed, as she ran her hand through her hair.

"Here i have something." I went into the livingroom, grabbed my bottle and went back into the kitchen.

I handed her the bottle, and she took it while she had a confused look on her face. She opened the lid and smelled.

"Is this....?"

"Just drink." I said.

She put the bottle to her lips, and she downed the whole bottle.

"Wow." Was all she could say as she handed me back the bottle.

"That will keep you hunger to a minimum, for now."

"What was is the bottle?"

"Oh some homeless person."

"WHAT!?" She exclaimed.

"Relax, its going to be okay. We are going to get through this." I said, calmy, as she paced back and forth.

"That was.... I'm a....."

I stopped her and put both of my hands on her shoulder, "Claire, you are going to be okay. I will help you get through this. Yes you are one of us now, you just have to keep this from Patrick and the others. At least for now, until i can think of something to say." She looked me in my eyes and she nodded.

I took her in my arms and held her. I stroked her hair, as i whispered, "Everything will be okay. I will never let you go."

She pulled away after a minute or two and went back into the livingroom.