It Was My Fault

-Claire's POV-

“No it is all my fault” I heard the familiar voice come from the doorway.

 I looked over Pete's shoulder and saw Joe standing there, with a sad, guilty look on his face.

 “Joe, why is it your fault?” I slide my teeth back, and Pete, and Andy looked at Joe with a shocked expression.

 Joe fidgeted nervously in the doorway, and his eyes looked everywhere but at us.

 “I umm kind of texted Stefen that you ran off. I thought that he would find you and bring you back. You know, like the good guy I thought he was. I felt so bad about what had happened, and I was just upset that you were hurting and the look on his face after you told him to get out; it was just too much. But when you came back with Damon, Stefen freaked out and he barged out of the house. Look if I had not texted stefen, none of this would've happened. I'm truly sorry.” He bowed his head, looking at the floor. With my new clear vision, I saw a tear drop fall from his face.

 “Joe, don't be sorry.” I walked over to him and pulled him into a hug.

 “I'm so sorry.” He mumbled into my shoulder.

 I squeezed him a little bit tighter, without hurting him, and then I pulled away.

  Then I heard Patrick groan, turning around I saw him start to move.

 “Dad.”

 “Claire? What happened?” Patrick asked as he rubbing the side of his face.

 “You kind of passed out when you saw me before.” He looked at me confused and then his face changed as he started to remember.

 “Oh.” Was all he could say, because by the look on his face, hes still trying to soak it all in.

 “Look why don't we all go downstairs.” Damon said, taking my hand and leading me out of the room.

 The guys followed behind us as we walked down the stairs, and into the livingroom.

 “So, Claire, how do you feel?” Damon looked down at me as we sat down on the couch.

 That’s when I felt my stomach growl, and my throat got really dry. “I'm a little hungry.”

 “Does she need…….” Patrick started to ask but Damon cut him off.

 “Look she does need human blood for the first few days, but after that, she can go Vegan.”

 “Vegan?” Pete asked.

 Damon sighed, “Stefen is a Vegan vampire. So he only eats animal blood.”