39. Fry!

Snores filling the silent room, Thomas scarcely walked past each of the hammocks with care. Climbing up the steps and zipping up his bag he started to walk forward when a voice in front spoke up.

"Where do you think you're going then?" Newt asked as he clicked the slight on next to him as he leaned against the car.

"Newt." Thomas sighed.

"Don't be a twat about it." Newt said walking towards him, "I'm already in." he finished as he grabbed the bag out of Thomas' hand and walked back to the car. "Come on."

"No. No, not this time." Thomas said walking after him "Even if we find Minho, there's no guarantee we'll make it back. You can't do that too Athena." Thomas reasoned as Newt put his bag in the car.

"Well, you'll need all the help you can get then, won't you?" Newt asked as he pulled open the driver's seat door, the car light turning on to reveal a Frypan at the steering wheel and an Athena in shotgun.

"Honestly Thomas, it's sweet to know you care." Athena said sarcastically with a smile on her face.

He scoffed in return.

"Well, we started this together. May as well end it that way too." Newt said solemnly.

"Okay." Thomas nodded "Let's go get him back."

As Newt climbed into the back seat, Athena's door opened as she was about to put her seat belt on, "What?" she asked as Thomas looked at her with an innocent grin. "Fine." she said rolling her eyes and climbing into the backseat with Newt, Thomas getting into the passenger seat.

----------------------------------
Play - Castle by Halsey
----------------------------------

The sky now brightened by the sun, the four still continuing their journey in the car, Athena's head in Newt's lap as she was in a dazed sleep, Newt playing with her hair.

After driving another hour, the car coming up to a darkened tunnel, Newt calmly waking up Athena, the group got out to inspect the tunnel closer.

"You want us to go in there?" Newt asked, pointing at the entrance.

"It's too dark to be a normal tunnel." Athena mumbled, rubbing the tiredness from her face.

"I don't wanna come across as too negative, but if I was a Crank, that's exactly where I would be." Newt commented, Athena hiding her widened eyes in her hands trying to ignore the comment.

"I don't think we have much choice." Thomas said looking at the map.

"All right. I get shotgun." the blonde said walking back to the car.

"Am I that bad to sit with?" Athena asked rhetorically.

------------------------------------

The group steadily drove through the tunnel, "Well, here we go." Frypan said as they started to drive through the darkened part.

"Yeah, just take it nice and slow." Newt said holding a headlight out the window. "Woah, woah, woah." he said as they saw a silhouette of a man in front of them.

The group looked at Thomas, "It's ok it's just one. Take it slow, go around him."

"Doubt it." Athena commented, "Roll your window up." she said to the blonde.

"We'll be fine." Thomas tried to reassure.

"Take it slow." Fry repeated, "Take it slow." Newt followed orders and rolled up his window.