Chapter Thirteen

A/N: I explain the next test in this chapter, so fair warning that it gets a bit wordy when Shota starts talking.

Shoto Todoroki P.O.V.

"S-s-s-s-s-sorry about that." He was redder then I thought possible, I couldn't help but snicker at him. "It's fine. In fact, if it makes you feel better, I think you're really cute." I could feel myself blush as I rubbed the back of my head, trying to brush off the feeling of panic that I felt. "Why the hell did I say that?" "It actually does" I froze. I don't know why, but I wasn't actually expecting him to like me. I know what I heard, but still. Someone likes me? "Should I just go for it?" I looked over at him, and toke a deep breath. "SHOTOOOOOOOOOO" "Oh thank god." I was never so relieved and frustrated to hear Momo's annoying voice then right then. But I couldn't just leave Midoriya. like that. "I've got to go. But, I'll talk to you later?" He just nodded at me, and I hurried to find Momo.

"Shoto! Over here!" Momo was waving at me. I walked over to her, glaring at her. Deciding to be mad that she ruined my chance to ask Izuku out. But before I could say a word, she knew what I was thinking. "OH. Sorry were you talking to the cutie I saw earlier?" I started to get flustered. "Oh, so you were!" She clapped her hands together "How did it go?" I pinched my nose. "Oh. Fantastic! In fact, I was right in the middle of asking him out when you called me ove- OWW." I rubbed the back of my head where she slapped me. "What the hell was that for?" "Why the hell didn't you just ignore me?! Go back over there and get your mans!" She turned me around and pushed me forward. "WAIT-" She stopped "What?"

I rubbed the back of my head "I don't know if I'm ready, you know." I looked away, blushing. She seemed taken back by this, but she grabbed me by both of my shoulders. "Shoto, you know I don't like being serious. But, you need to stop letting your dad control your life." I pushed her off of me. "What the hell does he have to do with anything?!" She grabbed my shoulders again "Shoto shut up. We both know that you don't feel like you don't deserve love. You've been like this since you were young. But you are amazing and deserve the world! Don't you ever let anyone rob you of that." I felt tears well up at my eyes, and I looked down. "I don't know." She sighed. "Shoto when will you see what I see? I don't know what else to do for you! I tell you constantly how amazing you are, but you can never except it. I understand what that bastard told you, but eventually you are going to have to decide to let that go." I felt a few tears slip out, before I wiped them away and started walking away. I expected her to follow me, but she didn't. "I'm sorry Momo, but I just don't know how to let it go."

Momo Yaoyorozu P.O.V.

"Eventually you are going to have to decide to let go." I saw a few tears escaped Shoto, before he could wipe them away. Then he just turned around and walked away. "Shoto, when will you see who you really are? When will you realize that I love you for who you are?" I felt tears go down my face. "I guess I'll just have to try harder." I heard Present Mic yell for everyone to gather around to listen in for the next test. "I guess it does no one any good if I just stand here crying." So, I wiped away the tears and started walking towards the group.

Izuku P.O.V.

By the time I got to where Shota was, everyone else was there. Including Shoto and the black-haired girl who seemed to be his friend. But, now they were standing at different sides of the semicircle. "Did something happen?" I walked to the end of the semicircle. "Now that everyone is here, I'll explain the next test." Shota already seemed like he was over being the test proctor, even though the test just started "The second test is simply called reverse tag. The eight of you will be split into two teams, four one each, and one on each team will be "it". The person who is "it" will have a tag that the other three must get. There are several ways that you can pass this test. You will not necessarily fail if you are "It" and your tag is taken, just like you won't necessarily fail if you don't get the tag if you are not "it". To pass this test as "it" you simply need to last without your tag being taken for ten minutes. If you are not "It" to pass you must get the tag before the ten minutes is up. Before I continue, is there any questions so far? You will not be ignored this time, due to the complexity of this test."

I raised my hand. "Yes, Izuku?" everyone seemed a bit shocked that he called me by my first name. "U-um how do you determine who is "it"?" "it was based on how well everyone did on the last test. So, the two "Its" are first and second place. So, you and Todoroki. The team who is chasing you two will be picked at random." I just nodded my head.

Shoto Todoroki P.O.V.

"Thank god I'm not going against Izuku. I don't think there is a way to counter that ungodly speed of his." I looked over at Momo, we made eye contact for a minute before I looked away. "I should apologize after this test." The grumpy looking test proctor started speaking again. "Now as for the other way you can win is by a point system. This test is taking place in a fake city with cameras where several UA teachers are watching and will judge your overall performance. So, even if you fail your task, you can still pass the test. However, the reverse is true, if you do complete your task, but it is deemed that you did not perform well or didn't contribute enough to the team, then you will fail. Any questions?" No one raised their hands, knowing that they would probably be ignored. "Then follow us to the testing site."

We started heading towards where the test site. "I should go apologize to Momo." I went off to go find her, but when I did she was talking to Midoriya. "Why are they talking?"

Izuku P.O.V.

"then follow us to the testing site." On our way to the site, I decided to find the black-haired girl and ask if everything was ok. When I found her, she was walking by herself. "H-hey!" She turned around and smiled at me. "Hi, did you need something?" I walked up to her and started panicking "This is none of my business, why bother asking?" she giggled. "You mumble a lot?" I blushed "Y-yeah it's a bit of a problem." "Well, now you have to ask." I sighed "Y-your Todoroki's friend right?" She stopped smiling and looked away "S-sorry for asking! I just thought you two were and when you weren't standing together I thought I might have caused a problem or that something happened or, or"

She started laughing at me again. "I like you already. But, yes I'm Todoroki's friend. The name is Momo Yaoyorozu." She stoke her hand out "I-Izuku Midoriya" I soke her hand and we started to walk in silence. "Silence, the most sickening sound." "By the way you didn't start a problem, we just had a bit of a disagreement that's all." She snapped me out of my thoughts, and I rubbed the back of my head "T-that's good." She looked at me "N-not you fighting! That I didn't cause a problem sorry that probably sounded really bad I promise that isn't what I meant-" She just laughed at me "Stop rambling, I know what you meant." Her smiled faded to a more serious expression.

"You know he likes you right?" 

A/N: Woah, me posting more than one a week? Can't believe it. But, I've also been contacted traced by my school so I'm quarantined until May 4, so I'll be posting more often. Also, I don't understand Wattpad statistics at all. Cause the last chapter was doing really well, like 100% completed reads at 12 reads. Then I got to 14 reads and it went down to 14%? I don't get it. But, it doesn't really matter cause this is for fun anyways. Please feel free to leave feedback and have a good day. :)