Chapter 37: Explanation

Daisy

This has got to be the worst thing that had happened to me! I mean~ come on! Why would I burn someone this instant?! Am I that nervous to do such thing?!

"Whoa! Easy ther tiger sharky dear~ take a deep breath okay? Inhale~ exhale~" Said Professor Rylie, helping me to calm down, good thing I did.

"I'm really sorry~ let me fix that." I walked towards Jade, but after holding him, he...

"C-C-Cold~ It's so cold!" He said and crossed his shoulders to warm himself up.

"HAHAHA! Daisy!" Guinevere called out and walked towards Mye. She whispered something to her and then she said.

"I'll try to calm you down then~" And started to play some tune. My heart started to beat slowly and calmly, making me let out a sigh. Then I walked towards Jade and hugged him.

"Eh?!/What the-?!/ Hey!" They have so many expressions, but I kept on hugging him until he wasn't feeling cold anymore.

"Feeling better now?" I asked and he was blushing.

"Y-Yeah! T-Thank you!" He said and blushed more.

"I'm glad to hear that... I'm also sorry for what i've done-"

"No no no! It's okay. Nothing to worry about." He scratched his nape at his remark.

"That's our girl! Always doing her best to help! Even if it's in an unexpected way~" Guinevere said while teasing me. That made me blush though. She was poking me with her shoulder.

"Hey! I just thought of doing it since that was the best way to warm someone else up! No malice!" I explained and raised my hand in defeat.

"No need to be so defensive." She said and her eyes really teased me. I just pouted at this. And she laughed!

"Unbelievable!"

"I am so thankful to all of you. You came all the way here just to protect the empire. I can't thank you enough. Please tell me what you want and we will do our best to provide it for you." The queen said, making us all silent and fall in life side by side.

"We aren't really the type of people who wants things in return. Just seeing the empire at peace again is what we need." Dean Jean said and we all agreed.

"But for me, it's not enough. You see, you made the academy vulnerable to enemies, taking the phoenix with you." She said, but I just smiled confidently at her remark.

"Your highness, no need to be worried about it. Because everyone at the academy is stronger than you think." I said and everyone looked at me. "And besides, the guardian has returned." I explained.

"Yeah! Like what she said. Kari will take care of them." Rose said.

"Guardian? The centaur?" The queen asked and we nodded. Her expression was more than surprised. "I thought they had already gone extinct!"

"Nope! In fact, Daisy was the one who found him!" Mye said and the queen looked at me.

"Believe us or not your highness... Daisy helped us more than anyone else. She's too precious to us, so losing her is a big mistake." Professor Eurie said and the queen nodded.

"Take this, all of you. This will be your price for helping the empire." She said and motioned her hand, then... Some small things appeared in front of us. A badge, in each form. Guinevere has this circular but magical type of badge, colored purple. Traceler has a sword-like badge, colored silver and gold at its hilt. Mye has a flute like one, same color as her real flute. Rose has a thorny type of flower, but it doesn't hurt since it's just a design. I, on the right hand, has this sign of the empire. The phoenix badge. The teacher had the same badges though. It was a person with a shield, sword and has an orb around them. The academy's logo.

"Thank you, your highness. We really appreciate it!" Dean Jean said, and we all put our right hand on our left chest.

"You are now an official saviour of the empire." That made me happy. Helping everyone is what i've always wanted! "How about the royal elites? Do you want to say something to them? They might go back soon." She then said.

"I knew someone who wants to." Marc said, and we all looked at him looking at Granger. For a moment, I felt the same weird feeling again.

Granger looked at Marc with a confused look, but then Jade said. "This might be your chance to see her again."

"What are you guys talking about?" Rose said and I saw Tracey walked towards me.

"Daisy? I was just curious." He said, putting an end to the elites conversation. "Where were you earlier?" He asked, and remembering everything about earlier, made my heart ache. I looked down and the feeling of being weak possessed me again. I clenched my fist as tight as I could to calm myself and not cry.
Then I felt a warm hug. "Sorry for asking. I was just worried." He remarked and I cried at him.

"Group hug! She needs support!" Mye said and everyone of Team Alpha joined.

"May I ask why you cried that hard though?" The queen asked.

"I'm sorry your highness... But, Oracle Ban is dead." I explained, making all of them silent. "I arrived late than expected. It was my fault! I was busy saving other people, I couldn't even protect the only family that I had!" It made me cry again. Guinevere supported me by holding my back.

"Only family?" Marc asked, making me look at him and nod.

"I was a victim of the Northern Dawn massacre. My family was slaughtered while I was unconscious. After that, we were saved by the empire and was brought here. Oracle Ban was the one who raised me, and to be exact there are two of us together." I explained and they all listened carefully. "But not long after the empire's trial, I was sent to the academy. So I really don't know what happened to them until now. I didn't even get to see them together!" I cried.

"Didn't you help on burrying her though?" The queen said. "That's why you're late?"

"Yeah. But I was referring to my friend. The one I grew up with. The only one I trust the most." I explained. "Is he okay? Where is he? What is he doing right now? Does he know where the oracle was burried? Does he know that she died already?" I asked and my expression is still sad as hell.
Everyone went silent for a second. Until... Someone spoke.

"Yes he does... In fact, he knows where all of them are burried. Their family, the oracle. He knows everything from the start."

To be continued~