12. ARMOUR IN DISGUISE

"What? Don't give me that look." Aryan raised a palm, his irises flickering between the other two pair of eyes.

"So finally you realised that she's not worth it? Good. It's a bit late to throw her out now though. So I'm leaving for now. Tell her to come with the rest and stay outside." RK stared at Prachi - who turned to look at him at his words with an expressionless face, before turning her head away as she stared straight ahead with the same expressions. Shaking his head at her once, he turned to leave when Aryan's voice suddenly stopped him.

"Hey, wait! That's not what I meant!" Aryan almost yelled, agitation clear in his voice.

"Then do you want me to serve as her bodyguard, Mister?" RK whirled around to face him with a hard glare. "Now I don't blame you considering that makes much more sense, but she's not worth that as well." Said he, gesturing with his head towards Prachi at her mention.

"What I mean is - " Aryan began, ignoring RK's words. "- that she cannot go there as one of your protectors. Her job will still remain the same, don't worry about that. But it's appearance will change."

"What?" RK raised a brow at him, confused.

"Listen - We just saw how the agency had been infiltrated, didn't we? And we know it's not the first time anything as such has happened. Attacks are common, but this time the attacker has reached your house. Maybe we know who did it -" Aryan raised a brow at the word 'who'. "- but we don't know how. The man was working with the organisation since a long time. And had been in this profession since an even longer time. It's hard to believe that he had been bought so easily. Moreover, we don't really know if the factor was money or something else. If he was bought, it can be anyone else as well. We don't really know whom can we really trust among the rest and who will simply turn out to be moles-"

"Then what makes you think you can 'trust' her enough to blabber all this in front of her?" RK mocked.

"I'm not done yet, RK." Aryan replied, annoyed, before turning to Prachi. "I'm telling you all this because I've no better option right now. Because you are the solution to it. Look, right now - apart from RK, his three guards, Sanjay, me, and obviously you - no one else knows that you've been appointed here. You both had mutually refused to work together in front of everyone. That means according to them, Prachi Arora has no more associations with us as a bodyguard whatsoever. Let us just leave that knowledge undisturbed for them. Now I can see from your work that you are dedicated towards it. We have already had enough of a conversation regarding it, I think. Moreover, as it is that your job is to stay with RK all the time, it of course lessens the chances of danger, but the chances are still there. With you evidently around him every time for his defence as his bodyguard, the attackers will become even more conscious and careful with their work, and meticulous with their plotting - which will make it all the more difficult for us to catch them or even survive their plans-"

"Then let's leave her outside with the rest. No suspicions." RK cocked his head, repeating his words, once again interrupting Aryan.

"Will you kindly let me finish?" Aryan raised a brow at him to which he raised his palm - signalling him to continue - with an uncaring attitude, as he went to settle himself on the couch.

"Miss Prachi-" Aryan once again turned to her. Prachi tilted her head towards him at the mention of her name. "-you'll be there of course, there is no doubt in that. But we cannot give the attackers a chance to get alert as well with a new aegis around him every time they spot him. So, we need to change the cover of the armour - we need to make you an armour in disguise." Aryan paused once, staring at Prachi warily in the expectation of any interrogations from her side. However, receiving no response, he carried on with his explanation.