10. BEGINNINGS

RK sauntered into the mansion, while his bodyguards took positions on either side of the main door, standing erect with their rifles firmly held in their strong grips, pointing in a vertical direction.

As he stepped inside the threshold of the mansion, a sudden smirk formed on his lips on its own volition as his gaze was met by Aryan standing in the middle of the hall with a phone placed over his ear, and silence all around him.

She was not here yet. Which means, he won.

However, thinking of her punishment was way more appealing and satisfying than thinking of his own victory.

"Yes... Yes, I'll talk to him. Thank you so much." Aryan disconnected the call and stared at RK with his hands placed on his waist, who casually walked over to the couch, before settling in it comfortably with his hands outstretched at his sides.

"Speak." RK raised a brow at Aryan.

"Is there anything left to 'speak'? I heard you spoke everything, needed and not at all needed, only moments ago." Aryan crossed his hands against his chest, seeming to be surprised.

"First of all, I only speak what is needed, Aryan, and what I speak is needed to be spoken. Second of all, you know I cannot tolerate when someone counters my statements, specially with arrogance, or insolence as I like to say, and that's exactly what she did." RK spoke, gritting his teeth as the image of those fierce eyes hit his mind once again, staring at a far off direction.

"'She'? Who's 'she'?" Aryan furrowed his brows in confusion. "Didn't you just mess up the deal with Mister Malhotra? I don't know why, but I suppose he was a 'he'. " Aryan shook his head, still staring at him, while something suddenly seemed to pull him from that far off world.

"Oh, it's Malhotra you're talking about?" RK narrowed his eyes in confusion this time, while Aryan just rolled his eyes in disbelief.

"Are you aware of the symptoms of short term memory loss RK? Cuz I'm really afraid."

"Yeah, I am. It's time you need to be aware of it too maybe. I believe you know the reason of my kind words to him. You were just on the phone, right? I'm sure he would have told you all of it. That man deserved those words for not checking about my professional background before approaching me. And fault is partially yours too, Aryan. Don't just agree to anything like that. You never did, why this time? Did you check that piece of junk he calls a 'song' yourself? It was his luck he received mere words. And well, I just showed him what you had said about me. The 'funny' side of me, remember?" RK got up to his feet, approaching Aryan, now staring at him with a hardened face.

"Well, I... Just..." Aryan began, as Ranbir stared at him with a knowing mocking expression, nodding his head at each word of his broken explanation.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to keep you busy for a while, okay? The agency had recently been infiltrated. And we're running short of trustworthy guards in here. The security system is therefore to be changed shortly, and I didn't want you to spend much time in here before that happens." Aryan admitted with a stern tone of his voice. "But turns out that you're my biggest rival in keeping you safe."

"Well, glad to hear the truth. But no, I don't really care about the 'keeping me safe' part, yet I'm enough to do that. And we are done with this conversation." RK patted his brother's shoulder twice, who closed his half opened mouth at his last statement.

A sudden curiosity seemed to shine in RK's usual cold pair of eyes, as he suddenly seemed to remember something.

"By the way, has anyone.... come here....before me?" RK raised a brow, examining his surroundings, which seemed to be perfectly still.