5. UNEXPECTED

"Knight in distress?"

RK was shocked to the core. He could not believe his own ears, as he just kept staring at the person in front of him. The person gestured towards his outstretched palm, which RK ignored, as he narrowed his eyes, still staring at the person with sheer shock.

The person just stood there for a minute, palm outstretched to RK, before his sharp ears sensed some approaching footsteps behind him. He titled his head to the side once, his peripheral vision catching a glimpse of the advancing men, before turning back to RK with a shrug, pulling his extended hand back.

Turning once again towards the bandits, the person stared at them with a tilted head, as they closed the distance between them with long strides, a knife in one of the men's hands. The men stopped right in front of the person, before another round of fisticuffs and kicks confronted them.

RK stared at the three fighting figures with even more shock than before, his mind not able to register what had just happened. His head as well as his lids felt heavy, as he stared at the stranger who was fighting for him. As his blurry vision gradually got completely cleared, he shook his head once, in an attempt to gain his lost consciousness back. And as it returned, the first thing his vision as well as his mind could see and make sense of at the same time was the changed positions of the fighting figures.

The black person was now standing fixed at a place, as the person claiming to be the leader held him from behind, him struggling in his grip for the first time. He had held the person through his helmet from behind, his arms surrounding the helmet, caging the person to him, possibly blocking his vision, while his other hand held the person's wrist tightly that was trying to reach towards his own face. The other goon could suddenly not be located anywhere in the scene, while the other members of the gang still lay there, unconscious.

As RK began to stand to his feet, staring straight at them, the scene he witnessed stopped his senses for a minute, he seeming completely lost in it. Standing to his feet, RK saw the black person succeed in reaching his face even under the strong grip of the goon, before he unlocked the strap spread across his neck, bending once, squeezing out of the helmet that had been held tightly by the goon, twirling once before standing to face him once again. However, the incident made RK raise a brow, as his mind registered some more of the person, staring in shock.

As RK saw 'him' bending, 'his' head gradually appearing to come out of the shielding piece of metal, something in the picture caught all his attention, which he stared at mesmerised, tilting his head to the side gradually, realisation dawning on him.

As soon as the black person was finally out of the covering, something seemed to fall on 'his' shoulders, something as black as the night itself. As 'he' twirled, the black mass that had been falling to 'his' shoulders swayed in the air due to the force, before landing on 'his' shoulders with a gust of air sweeping across 'his' face, blowing it gently. As the person stood there, RK's gaze remained glued to the person's face, as the realisation that had dawned on him earlier, was confirmed now.

He stood there frozen, as the beautiful dark mass gradually falling on the person brushed across her face. The cool wind blew some of the loose tendrils of her beautiful hair that was slowly falling down, her bottom curls brushing her waist, flawlessly mirroring the beautiful waves of a calm waterfall descending the mountains gently yet with a great force. Her beautiful face, glowing in the angelic beauty of the shimmering moon, the only source of light in the dark sky, was brushed with serenity, while her eyes were fixed at the shocked men before her, staring at them with sheer calmness laced with a strange coldness glistening under the heavenly moon. She stood there, hands raised defensively in the air in front of her, her fingers balling into fists, while RK stared at her, his senses refusing to work.