8. UNKNOWN ENEMIES..?

Hearing the feminine voice for the first time among the conversation, RK moved towards the woman, as their gazes remained locked, staring into each other's eyes with the same fierceness.

"Would you like to repeat that, Miss damsel?" RK raised a brow at her, stopping inches apart from the lean figure.

"I personally don't like to repeat things. But I may, in case you have some hearing issues, Mister Knight." Retorted Prachi, as RK frowned at this woman's valour.

"Oh, really. Well, I think it's you who has some issues. Brain issues you see. Otherwise you would've let the cat catch that tricksy tongue of yours the minute you came here, Miss Damsel." RK spoke, jaws clenched.

"Is that anger I see? Or fear I smell, Mister Knight?" Prachi continued with the same tone of her voice.

"Fear? And RK? Woah. Woman and bodyguard, fear and RK - you make strange combinations, Miss Damsel." RK spoke with a pitied expression.

"Hold on a second." It was Aryan who spoke now, walking up to the duo.

"Mister Knight?? Miss Damsel??" Aryan spoke, confused. "Do you people know each other?"

"Oh, please Aryan. The woman's not lucky enough that RK will know her. Well, seeing her audacity, I doubt if she knows me as well." RK looked at Sanjay with narrowed eyes, as sweat beaded on the poor man's forehead, seeing his glare.

"Prachi! Stay quiet. You're new here. Do know that Sir doesn't like people who talk back." Sanjay approached Prachi, whispering close to her ear, as RK held his head high at the description of his personality.

"I apologise, Sir. But I'm not here for him to like me. I'm here for my work, and if he's rejecting me because of some major stereotypical issues he's facing, I'm sorry I cannot keep quiet." Prachi's bold voice responded to the whisper.

"Attitude, huh? You think RK is scared of you. You, out of all people are a threat to my image, Miss Damsel?" RK spoke through his clenched jaws.

"Well, that's what I can see. You're scared because you know you're no match to this woman, Mister Knight. Because you know this woman might soon easily outshine the great knight's fighter image." Prachi still stared at him.

"Don't you think a little too high of yourself, Miss Damsel? I feel you should apologise and thank me instead that you're still standing on your feet even after showing such insolence to me for the second time." RK declared.

"The feelings are mutual." Replied she.

"Oh! Well, then let's see who needs to thank whom." RK crossed his arms across his chest, before lifting one of his hands in the air once and shaking it twice, signalling the rest of the people to vacate the area, as they obeyed him.

"Aryan." He called out, as Aryan went inside the mansion, before coming out shortly later with two long rods in his hands.

"RK..." He spoke, approaching the two figures standing close to each other, eyes never leaving each other's, only to be cut off by RK's hand extended towards him. Sighing once, he handed one of the staffs to both of them, before joining the rest of the people standing at a distance.

RK moved backwards, still staring into her eyes, before coming to a halt a few yards away.

"Miss Damsel, let's see who's got what. You win, you're hired. I win, you apologise and never show me your fragile face again." He yelled, as she stared at him for a minute.

"Too scared?" He yelled again, lifting his rod defensively in front of him.

"Yes. Thinking about your pain when I'll crush your little ego." Prachi replied, lifting her rod before her too, before striding towards him with all her might, as his feet advanced towards her simultaneously.