7. BABYSITTERS

The golden rays of the rising sun made their way into the dark room, successfully fusing into the glass panes, gradually eating up the blackness that had been settled in the room.

The extraordinarily large room was coated in pastels of white, with different shades of black and golden furniture adorning the lavish view. A grand, king sized bed was placed at the centre of the room against the wall, with a giant television console hanging from the centre of the opposite wall. There were shelves and cabinets around the overly gigantic room carrying various trophies, and some display items, while the rest of the space was filled with books.

The left of the room was adorned by a giant dresser facing the bed, a series of bulbs decorating the boundaries of the mirror attached to it, while the adjacent wall was almost completely covered by huge sliding doors, leading to the large walk in closet connected with the bath.

The right wall carried large sliding glass doors, leading to the wide balcony attached to the luxurious room, while two large windows were located on either side of it. Three guitars were placed on an elegant holder standing beside the bed table.

The wall behind the grand bed could be seen almost entirely overlapped by a large portrait which looked embedded right at the centre of the wall, displaying a mixture of white and black hues building up the face of the man who was lying there on the bed, covered under an expensive duvet. The picture perfectly mirrored his callous and cold expressions, as he stared out of it with his cocked neck, narrowed eyes and clenched jaw, a hand running across his messy hair, making the handsome man appear extremely hot and fascinating.

The glass doors were enshrouded by thick curtains arranged in alternative pairs of black and white, adding on to the dark ambience of the room. The window beside the bed, however, was able to absorb the glory of the sunlight, and spread it into the room simultaneously, the drapes across it being folded to the sides.

As the bright rays brushed across his handsome features, his palm reflexively flew towards his face, shielding it from the piercing golden rays. As his palm ran towards his eyes, he felt something cold sweeping across his face. His sleep being disturbed by the rays and then the touch, he slowly gained consciousness. As his lids lifted themselves steadily, his eyes met something familiar hanging from his palm that was lifted above his face, brushing his cheek. Adjusting himself to the light, it took him no time to realise the familiar neck chain that had still been entangled with his fingers.

RK stared at it for some time, with some strange emotion in his cold visage, as the memories attached with the object clouded his mind. Still staring at the jewellery, he slowly lifted himself from the bed as he sat. Gazing at the piece of metal in his hands, the memories of the previous night running across his mind finally came to an abrupt halt at a particular image. The image of a pair of beautiful, fierce eyes, shining with callousness, confidence, apathy, and strange emotions, staring straight at him.

He sat still for a minute, still looking at the neck jewellery, finally disentangling it from his fingers, before throwing it with all his force behind his back, as it landed on something making a slight noise. RK then stood to his feet, before striding off towards the closet, never bothering to turn to have another look at the chunk of the strangely familiar metal which had somewhere momentarily stopped his vexatious thoughts for the first time last night, giving him a slightly satisfactory feeling which had been alien since forever to even himself.

--------------------------------------------------------------

RK jogged down the stairs to the grand hallway. He was dressed in a dull grey T-shirt, a pair of white jeans, a regular black unzipped jacket, and his everyday accessory- his long chain with 'RK' hanging at his chest, one look at his appearance being enough to mesmerise any creature with a heart.