16. "RK SIR IS RIGHT."

Aryan's head lifted up involuntarily at the sound of heels knocking the floor. The sight laying before him made him cock his brow in confusion.

"Where are you off to, Mister?" Rising from the large couch, he went towards the man before him.

"Hogwarts." Replied RK nonchalantly, putting on his shades.

"Wow. Pretty humourous." Aryan crossed his arms against his chest.

"Thank you." Without stopping to spare him a glance, RK managed to walk past him to the exit door of the large mansion.

"Wait! You're not going to the office today!" Aryan spoke in a commanding tone, making the man before him come to a stop at his words.

"And who would you be to decide that?" RK raised his brows at him.

"Your manager." Aryan replied immediately. "And brother." Added he. "We just had not the safest day there yesterday itself. How on earth can you even think I'll let you go there?"

"You don't have to. I don't bother bothering people for permissions, as you know already."

"But I do bother helping you with one."

"I don't remember asking for your help, do you?" RK spoke blandly.

"You don't have to." Aryan repeated RK's own words. "I don't bother asking for your approval to that, either."

"Stop being the melodramatic creature you are, and make it quick, Aryan." Informed RK in an irked tone.

"Quick it is, then. You're not going anywhere today, or maybe for the rest of the week. Certainly not to the office again. That's all. You may leave for your room now. Good conversation."

RK stared at his friend for a while with unshifted expressions, before turning towards the door, once again, as if the limited exchange of words didn't just take place between the two of them present there.

"RK?!" Aryan took a step forward in his direction, almost yelling his name.

"I don't take orders, Aryan. You out of all should have known that by now." RK replied, without turning his gaze to him this time.

"Seriously? It's not about taking orders, RK! It's about taking just some tiny measures for your own God damn safety! Did you even hear what I said?!"

"I did. I did, Aryan. I did hear when you said that I shouldn't go to my own workplace merely because of some worthless hoodlums who just somehow happen to pass by the area with some equally worthless toys the previous day. I did hear you." RK replied with a voice cold as ice. "Do you really think I'll lock myself up in my house for the rest of my life merely because such meritless people were suddenly discovered roaming freely in my area one day? Come on, Aryan, you know me better than that."

"No, RK. I'm-I'm not saying that." Aryan hurried to justify his side of the argument. "I'm not saying you're afraid of them, I'm just telling you to stay at home for a while! And you're-you're RK. You don't really have to go there each day already. It's nothing important today, as it is. Just why serve yourself in danger's way willingly? It's not safe out there, specially not after what happened. Such a close call it was. Anything could have happened with a moment of delay. I'm not saying you're scared, but I am. And you know of what. Your enemies, HE, might be there again, waiting for a chance they could anyhow get. Even though the security has been alerted even more, anything can happen anytime, like the last day. Just why risk your life when you already know it?! And for what? What's the need?!" Aryan walked up to the man, stopping right behind him.

"To show your HE, I'm not bothered by clowns running around my place. Be it the puppets or HE himself." RK turned to him, staring into his eyes directly. A moment of silence followed, until Aryan decided to break it.