3. DAMSEL IN DISTRESS

As RK moved towards the three figures, two of them exchanged a worried glance, the fear of the celebrity approaching them with a strange emotion in his visage and his deep set eyes gripping them. For a moment, a strange idea of running away from the danger made its way into their minds, for something in this person's gait as well as vision scared them right at the first sight of him.

However, they just continued to stare at him, trying their best to keep their calm for the sake of carrying their dangerous image, preparing themselves mentally for the fisticuffs and fight that could confront them any minute.

The approaching figure, however, seemed to care the least about the men, as his eyes remained glued to another pair of eyes, a feminine one, the entire time. With his intense gaze locked with the scared one, RK slowly covered the remaining distance between them, before his steps came to a halt right before the terrified girl.

As the four of them stood there frozen for a minute, the air surrounding them seemed to mix with an unspoken anticipation and tension. While the men flanking the girl and the boy stiffened, expecting some kind of outburst, the central figures just stared at each other with different emotions in their eyes. The girl's eyes seemed to have lit up witnessing him as her saviour, while RK's eyes held strange emotions.

Finally breaking the eye lock, as RK turned his head to his side to face one of the scoundrels, his peripheral vision caught a glimpse of something familiar. His eyes suddenly landed on a familiar gothic string of beads wrapped multiple times around the girl's wrist, as she clutched some of the hanging beads along with her kurti. It took him no time to realise that it was none other than the bracelet that had been embracing his wrists a few moments ago, before landing into the palms of a girl, as he had thrown it in the crowd at the concert only moments before. The same girl was now standing before him, with the same string of beads gripping her wrist.

Glancing at the bracelet once, he turned his head, staring at the man in front of him with a strangely scary coldness in his eyes.

"What do you think you're doing here? How dare you ruffians even think of touching this girl? And that too, near my concert? Don't you have even a bit of shame? Aren't you afraid of the outcomes?" Spoke he, his tone never changing a bit.

"That... That is none of your business." The man at the other side managed.

"I'm afraid it is. Since you two have shown this courtesy to disrespect a woman. Well, go ahead. I'm here now. Let's see how you can touch her. For as long as I'm here, nothing can happen to her." Spoke he, staring at the girl again at the last phrase, as their eyes met again.

The woman stared at him with admiration shining in her eyes, while his expressions never bothered to change a bit.The men balled their fists, preparing themselves for any attack as well as their defence. A soft smile began to adorn the girl's lips, as the cold wind blew some loose tendrils of her hair across her face. Ranbir tilted his head to the other side still staring at her, before bending down a bit in order to remove the dark mass of hair blocking her face.

He blew at her hair softly, causing them to move away from her face, as his face was now inches apart from hers. She could feel the aroma of his hot breath on her face that increased her heart beats, as their eyes remained locked, before RK's expressions began to show some sort of change for the first time.

As the girl was gradually lost into him, a voice pulled her out of her trance, the words confusing her to the core.
RK was still inches apart from her. However, his lips had been curved into a strange smirk, as he stared straight at her, before whispering something close to her ear.

"Were you expecting something like this?" Whispered he, pretending to be shocked, before pulling away from the closeness, staring at the two equally confused men, turning to face her again.