23. STEAMY

"What 'What'?" Aryan raised a brow at him.

"What did you just say?" RK asked, knitting his brows as he looked at Aryan.

"I said - 'What 'What'?' 'Cuz you said 'What?' What made you say 'What?'" Aryan was confused.

"Stop that, Aryan." RK said in an agitated tone. Sometimes, Aryan really possessed the potentials to get on someone's nerves really effortlessly. "Before that. What did you say before that?"

"Taking care of you till 2:00 and then reporting at-" Aryan began to repeat his previous words, still confused.

Did he say something wrong?

"Stop, stop- stop right there." RK raised a finger in the air. "Taking care of me? Excuse me?"

"Oh." Now it started to make some sense to the other guy present there. "Of course you don't remember. You were too busy worrying others and sleeping."

He continued after a pause when he saw RK giving no reaction to his words.

"This was what I had called you here for. The deal I was talking about? I had to go for an important meeting related to that last evening. And when I came here to tell you, you were sleeping out of sickness. And Prachi told me not to wake you up cuz you were tired. I thought I'd be back in three to four hours but fate got me delayed by another fours hours, and I reached at two in the morning!" He yawned again.

"Huh. I thought she'd have left, but Prachi was here till then, taking care of the 'sick RK'." He said the last two words while drawing quotations in the air with his hands. He had to admit it, he did enjoy annoying him thoroughly.

"She had even called a doctor for you, I guess." Aryan reached his hand forward to grab the glass of water kept on his table. "Can you believe it? You saw a doctor yesterday?" He said in a mocking tone, then lifted the lid from the glass and gulped down the liquid.

"I had offered her-" He continued after placing the glass back on the table. "-to take a few hours off today morning. But she denied. Man, if only I could offer that to myself." And the man yawned again.

"Now, about this deal-" Aryan began when RK suddenly got up from his chair with a jerk and without another word to him, went straight towards the cabin's door.

"Hey! RK!" Aryan yelled after him,  puzzled at his sudden actions, only to receive no reply as RK was out the door in seconds, the door swinging to a close as he pulled it behind him with force. Aryan continued to look at her swinging door with an almost blank, unresponsive mind. Seriously, what was wrong with this man's cerebrum?

--------------------------------------------------------------

RK emerged out of Aryan's cabin, only to find Prachi standing next to door with an air of alertness all around her.

He took a step towards her, however, before he could say anything to her, an unfamiliar voice called him from right behind him.

"Good morning, RK Sir." Said Rishi with a smile on his face, making RK turn towards himself.

"What brings you to me, Mister?" RK questioned in a flat tone. "I don't indulge in conversations with every employee here. Go to Aryan."

He was about to turn to Prachi again when the man's voice stopped him again.

"No, no, Sir." He immediately replied, and RK turned to him once again. "I just wanted to say it's good to see you in your healthy skin again. Just wanted to make sure you're fine now, Sir." He finished. However, seeing RK's questioning glance on him mixed with a sense of irritation, began again.