Chapter 1- Trainwreck

The reapings were done. 24 tributes had been chosen. Before the tributes could say goodbye to their families, they were packed up and shipped off to the Capitol like packages. The tributes in District 7 were watching the replays of the reapings.
    "Seriously? We have to go up against them? Ooh, she's cute," Maxtess says with a smirk. Max Baker, 17, was the flirt of District 7. He has dark, sun browned skin and dark brown eyes. He's about five foot five, and was a decent weight for someone of his age.
    "Boy, I am about to knock you upside the head if you don't shush," Alaya grumbled. Alaya Cezar was a 14-year-old girl with an attitude. She was clever, and according to her family, she had a good chance of winning the Games. She had mid-length, wavy blonde hair, and deep marbled brown eyes. She had tan skin and a few freckles on her face. She looked almost as if she was 16 because of her tall, gangly appearance.
"Why do you even care? Do you..." Maxtess looked over at Alaya and raised an eyebrow, "like me?"
"Bruh." Alaya looked at him with utter disgust. "I'm 14, and you're... old. No one would want to date you."
"I'm going to take that as a no." Max looked up at the contestants on the TV. "Not going to lie, this is a pretty bad group of tributes. I mean, no careers?"
    "It could just be that you're a self-centered little jerk with the heart of a stone." Alaya rolled her eyes, eating the slice of bread in her hand.
    "My heart is not a stone. That makes no sense!" He adjusted his position in his chair.
    "You're joking, right?" She looked at him with a dumbfounded expression. He, with a look of complete innocence, stood up and went over to the table their mentor was sitting at.
    "I'm going to get some sleep," Maxtess sighed, half-yawning. Alaya shook her head and pulled her blonde hair into a ponytail.
    "I guess I'm going to get some sleep too." She stood up and walked over to her assigned room. The doorframe seemed to be made of a shining silver metal. Alaya walked inside to find a small sleeping arrangement - a bed and a wardrobe. She peered out the giant window at the front of her room and pondered her situation.
    "We are going thousands and thousands of miles away so we can be hand fed and dressed up nicely only to be thrown into a pig pen to die,"  she thought somberly. "What a pity."

~~~~~~~~~~

    Jay looked down at all the food on the table and frowned. He was reluctant to step away from the feast.
Jay Kenyon was a small, very skinny boy, but that's what you would expect from a 14-year-old who came from a poor family. He had brown hair, pale skin, and deep brown marbled eyes. He was also ready to eat as much as he could. Q'uira, the other tribute, on the other hand came from a well-fed family. They were not extremely rich, but also not poor, so she was a healthy girl - just the right height and the right weight for a 14-year-old. She had straight red hair that went down to her shoulders, her skin was pasty white, and her eyes were a deep brown. 
    "This all looks so good... Where do I start?" Jay wondered out loud as he hovered over the food.
    "Ha, you look like you have just seen a ghost," Q'uira said, pushing her hair behind her ear and smirking.
    "That's the thing - I think I did!" he laughed and looked at her.
    "This place seems very fancy for the fact we are all about to die," Q'uira gestured around the room to all the bling.
    "Yeah. I mean... they're taking our lives, they're kind of obliged to let us see something amazing before we are brutally murdered by something in the arena." Jay looked as if he knew his death was coming, and Q'uira glanced down at the ground, smile fading.
    "Yeah..." she replied, still looking at the ground.
    "Uh... I am-... uh.. Did I say something wrong?" Jay's smile faded as well and he looked at her, concerned.
    "No! It wasn't you, I just... Nevermind." She brushed off her negative mood and went back to her more energized self. Q'uira smiled at Jay again and started to blush, because he still seemed concerned. He finally lightened his expression and they both stared at each other deeply. Seconds later, Q'uira shook her head, breaking the silence. She looked to the feast and back at Jay, then started to laugh.
    "This food isn't going to eat itself." She gestured at all the food sitting on the table.
    "Ha, yeah. We should probably eat." He looked at the meal as well and sat down. Q'uira was still staring at him and smiling, this time blushing hard. "Are you going to sit or just stand there?" Jay questioned.
    "Right!" She pulled the chair out and sat down. They both started to eat and talk as the time passed by.