Chapter 4- Lovely

Ximena gazed over at Haliey, who was sitting on the chair beside them.

"I'm getting hungry. We should go get some food before we have to get prepared for the introductions," they said, standing up and holding out their hand.

"If you insist." Haliey grabbed their hand and together they walked to the buffet room. They weren't alone - Alaya was there with them, so the two decided to talk to her.

"Hi! Alaya Cezar right? From District 7," Ximena began.

"Yes. I believe you two are Ximena Katherine and Haliey Willow?" Alaya asked, holding out her hand for the couple to shake it.

"Yep! Nice to meet you," Haliey replied, shaking her hand with a smile.

"Nice to meet you too. So, you two checking out the contestants?" Alaya questioned, grabbing a plate and scooping some salad onto it.

"Yeah, something like that. We are also trying to find a good alliance, y'know," Ximena explained.

"Of course. My partner is very difficult, so we probably won't find an alliance too quickly," Alaya laughed.

"How so?" Ximena asked, pulling their hair behind their shoulder.

"Well, he just doesn't want to cooperate. He's too impatient and has no respect for the world around him," she sighed.

"Wow. Seems like the attitude of a career," Haliey added.

"Almost, minus the years and years of deadly training to back up his ignorance. He is such a flirt as well," Alaya rambled, looking at her plate like she was going to crush it just remembering the many stunts Max had pulled.

"Wow, that sure is something." Haliey grabbed some food and placed her tray on a table. "Want to sit with us?"

"Why not?" Alaya sat down in front of Haliey and started to eat. Ximena grabbed their own food and sat down. They all started to talk, and as time passed, more and more tributes came and left the room. Eventually, Alaya's mentor came and stole her away to get ready for the introduction ceremony.

"She was nice. We should choose her," Haliey commented, finishing up her food.

"Yeah, but she did mention that her mentor wants her and Max to alliance with someone. She said he was stupid, and we don't need him bringing us down, remember?" Ximena responded.

"That's rude, babe! He's probably not stupid as you say. He might just not know right from wrong!" Haliey said, looking up at them.

"Sorry, you're right... I'm just getting so passionate about all of this," Ximena sighed.

"It's okay. That's a natural response," Haliey said, kissing Ximena. "We should get to our stylists, though."

"Yeah, good idea," they answered. The two walked together, laughing all the way back to their room. As District 1's main production was jewelry, they were put in outfits that sparkled brighter than ever. They both had a similar makeup job with white, gray, and blue lines stretched across their faces. Ximena's hair had been pulled up into a high bun, while Haliey's was in two braids that crossed over each other. They headed to a large outside area where they were pushed into a carriage.

"Ready?" Ximena asked, holding their hand out.

"Let's go get some sponsors," Haliey said, grabbing her partner's hand. Their carriage pulled into the arena and they watched the crowd go wild, throwing roses at them. Haliey put her hand up and started to wave at all the screaming people. Ximena turned to Haliey and gave her a kiss, which made the whole crowd roar even more. The carriage stopped in front of a big podium-type building, the president stood on top.