Chapter 7- Caesar Flickerman

*Disclaimer- Caesar Flickerman's character is not mine, all credit belongs to Suzanne Collins*

"Hey, everyone, welcome to the interviews! I will be talking to all 24 of the tributes today - you'll get to see them shine and hear their voices!" A man - Ceasar Flickerman - yelled to the excited crowd. "First up, we have Ximena Katherine!"

"Hello! How are you today?" Ximena greeted him with a bright smile.

"I'm great, Ximena!" Caesar said getting settled in his chair, "So tell us, are you and Haliey an item?"

"Yes. We've..." Ximena looked to the crowd, seeming a bit perturbed. "We've been together for 2 years."

"Wow, that's a long time." Caesar looked at them and grinned.

"Yeah, it is. I wouldn't let anything happen to her," Ximena responded, looking at Caesar with narrowed eyes.

"Strong love," he said. "That always gets the people's attention. Say, why don't you tell us about your strengths?"

"Well, I'm very quick. I also love parkour - it was always my favorite activity to train in back home," Ximena explained.

"Oh, so you're a career, correct?" Caesar rubbed his thumb and pointer finger together, a nervous habit.

"Hm...well, I don't think that's what I am, really-" they began, and then paused for a moment. "No, I suppose I am a career. I've been training since I was ten. I didn't volunteer, though. I was chosen from the goblet."

"Well, did Haliey volunteer to be with you?" he inquired.

"No - she was also chosen in the Reaping." Ximena looked to the crowd. "So I guess the odds aren't entirely in my favor."

"Oh my. Well, we all wish you the best of luck. Everyone, pray for Ximena!" Caesar looked to the crowd, which immediately started cheering.

Ximena got up and exited the area after they finished. Haliey came up to be interviewed after them. After her was District 2; and then it was District 3's turn.

"Next we have Rian Mayfield!" Caesar exclaimed loudly.

"Hi," Rian greeted him shyly.

"Wow, you look stunning! Doesn't she look gorgeous," Caesar asked the crowd. They cheered in response.

"Thanks." Rian gave him a slight smile.

"So, I hear there are two people named Ryan in this competition," he said to Jean curiously, "You and a Ryan from the very same district. How did they manage that?"

"Well... I never really thought about it," Jean replied. She looked around self-consciously. "It was just a coincidence, I guess?"

"Alright then! How does it feel to have someone with the same name and from the same district in the arena with you?" Caesar sat up in his chair.

"I don't mind all that much." Rian looked at her hands and then up at the crowd anxiously.

"Interesting," Caesar said thoughtfully. "Now, if you all would give it up for Rian Mayfield! Thank you for joining us tonight, and may the odds be ever in your favor." Rian smiled and walked off stage. She hoped her innocent, polite facade had fooled the crowd into underestimating her. Little did they know what she could really do...

"Next up, we get to talk to Ryan! Hold on, Ryan-" Caesar looked at his notepad then at the crowd, "It seems as though he has no last name. Well, here he is!" A boy with blonde hair, pale skin, and blue eyes approached the stage. He was about 5'4" and was at a decent weight for a 15-year-old.