Chapter 3- Vicious

"Ximena!" a voice yelled from outside Ximena's room. "Child, it's Synthia, your stylist." The prep girl banged on the door again, "Wake up, dear!" Ximena rolled over in their bed, letting out a long sigh.
    "Shut up!" they called back, slowly waking up. "Please."
    "I'm sorry, honey, but we need you to get up. Your training starts in..." she pauses, and there is a slight bit of silence, "Ten minutes! Oh my!"
    "Fine, just... be quiet, and I'll make myself presentable." Ximena pulled the covers off of their body and got up, shaking their head to clear the tiredness from their mind. They walked over to the bathroom, planning to turn the water on for a quick shower.
    "Oh, I forgot - no time for a shower! Just pull your hair up and get dressed!" Synthia called through the door.
    "Are you kidding me..." They rolled their eyes and headed over to the wardrobe, swiftly grabbing a training suit from one of the hangers. They slipped it on and opened the door. The prep girl they'd been talking to stood in front of them, pointing at her watch in panic.
    "Put your hair up and let's go!" Synthia said frantically.
    "I would rather my hair be down," they told her, walking right past the harried girl and over to the elevator, "Come on!"
With that, they are headed to the training course. When they arrived, Ximena walked over to Haliey, who was eyeing the contestants.
    "Hey," Ximena said cheerfully.
    "Hi, babe," Haliey responded, leaning in and kissing them on the cheek. "Let's go. We have some impressing to do." She grabbed Ximena's hand and pulled them into the training center. They walked over to the spear-throwing section - Haliey's specialty, and started throwing. After a few bulls-eyes, the couple had attracted eyes throughout the room.
    "Ha, we have their attention," Haliey whispered to Ximena.
    "Yep. Let's show them how it's done." They both moved over to the rope section. Ximena had always been sneaky and fast, so they enjoyed doing things like this. This obstacle course was a piece of cake - they started to climb, continually accelerating. When they reached the top, they rang the bell and hopped down, landing gracefully on their feet.
    "Thank you, thank you!" Ximena bowed to the crowd, smirking. Haliey walked up to her partner and kissed them on the cheek. They went over to the benches to sit down and talk.
    "You're incredible!" Ximena complemented Haliey.
    "You weren't too bad yourself," she giggled.
    "You're right, I was a lunatic," Ximena laughed, looking at the other contestants. Their gaze landed on a figure standing in the bow & arrow station. They were shooting arrows like crazy. "Woah, who is that...?"
    "Hmm. I believe that's Jean Scarlett... Not entirely sure, though," Haliey said, fixing her eyes on the girl. Maybe-Jean was moving like crazy, but it didn't look like she was missing any of her shots.
    "Well, she is insanely good. We'll have to watch our back," Ximena replied, looking at Haliey.
    "Don't worry, I'll save you!" she laughed, hugging them.
    "Haha! No, I have a better idea," they responded.
    "What's that?" Haliey said, grabbing their hand.
    "Avoid the killer."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Rian walked into the training center and took a look around.
    "Hmm, let's see what we've got. Ooh, Haliey Windom. She's good with the spear, which means she's a big target. Oh, and Ximena Katherine. They're pretty quick - gonna be hard to catch. Paul is... not bad. He's handy with a blade, so he could be good in an alliance. Woah, and who is that...?" Rian fixed her eyes on Jean and began to blush. "Well, she's cute, and a good fighter." Rian's face turned bright pink as she stared. She then shook her head and walked over to the camouflage section.
The girl started to play around with all the different materials to help her camouflage. It was impressive, honestly - she was able to make her entire face look like a leaf. Rian glanced at her mentor, who was waving her over. She ignored him and continued to paint. She became entirely focused on the project and continued to make it look insanely easy. When she finished, she looked around. The girl she'd caught herself staring at earlier was now shredding on the bow. It caused Rian to blush hard again. After that, she looked over to Haliey and Ximena, who were checking her out, presumably to categorize her skills.
"What are they looking at...? I'm a human, not a zoo animal."