Epilogue

Ximena pushed through the crowd of people chanting their name. Almost everyone was shouting questions at them, and they quickly became tired of having to stop to answer something or to shake hands with someone.

Eventually they found their family and were escorted to their new home. Ximena locked themself in their bedroom and didn't say a word to their mom or dad other than mentioning that they were tired.

They pulled out the CD and hooked it up to their TV, watching despondently as people killed in the bloodbath. They watched as everyone ran their separate ways.. Ximena focused intently on Maxtess whenever he was being filmed. He watched Alaya and Ryan during their encounter, studying them. He made sure the raccoon attacked right at the perfect moment. They watched as Ryan told him about the locket and the girl inside. Now they knew Max had never really wanted to know what was special about it - he just wanted something against Ryan.

The part that hurt them the most was when Diego threatened Haliey. His words stung Ximena's mind.

"Listen up. I will kill them if you don't do exactly what I tell you," he said to their former girlfriend.

"Fine." Haliey rolled her eyes, seemingly calm. Ximena could tell she was scared, though.

"Kiss me," Diego instructed.

"What? No," Haliey exclaimed.

"Fine, then Ximena dies." Haliey paused for a minute, then leaned in and kissed him. That's when they - Ximena - appeared. They shut off the TV and looked around. They walked up to the mirror.

"I'm not the same person I was when I left. I'm not the same person I was with Haliey. I can never go back to what I was before. Not just because I don't want to and not just because these games have changed me. I am no longer just Ximena Katherine from District 1... I'm the outlaster."