Chapter 9- Grade

The next day, the tributes were tasked to show off their skills in front of the game makers. They all went back to their rooms when it was finished, hoping they'd done well.

Later that night, the contestants were brought down to a large room to see what grade they'd been given. The grade would be a score of 1-12, and it all depended on your performance. Caesar Flickerman was on the TV, ready to announce the scores.

"Hello, Panem! Today, we are going to be announcing the scores of the tributes! Make sure to watch out for the kids with the best scores, so you'll know who to root for!" Caesar smiled, bringing out a notecard. "We're going to start with District 1, our first score going to Miss Haliey Willow. Ooh, a nine! Great score, great score. Next, we have Ximena Katherine, with a wonderful ten! Now, let's take a second to talk about how amazing these two tributes are - they're going to perform well in the games. I look forward to seeing their encounters with others."

He talked his way through District 2's scores and made his way onto the next competitors. "Now we have District 3. Rian Mayfield... as we saw, she was shy, so I'm wondering how she performed. Wow, a stunning eight! Next we have Ryan - make sure you're able to tell them apart, folks. He's a very charming gentleman, at least from what we saw. Ten! We are going to have some big competition this year. District 3 is gonna go far." Caesar moved through the next few districts and then finally arrived at District 7.

"Next, we have Alaya Cezar. Let's see her score... Well, look at this, another solid ten!! We have lots of high numbers tonight - this is going to be an interesting game. After Miss Alaya is Maxtess Baker, who got a seven. Not bad!" Caesar headed through Districts 8 and 9, chatting happily about their scores, then went on to the next two tributes.

"Alrighty, we have District 10, starting with Q'uira Meyers! She got an eight! Next to mister Jay Kenyon, we have another nine!" He looked to his next notecard. "We're at Reva Hodei now, who got a solid six! That's pretty good, considering they're from District 11. After them is Jean Scarlett, who got..." Caesar looked at the card and smiled thinly. "Wow, an eleven - the highest score yet! The last girl of the evening is Miss Mailery Windom. Oh, congrats! She got a decent six!" He grinned again. "The last tribute is Paul Miller. Let's see here..." Caesar flipped the notecard over. "Wow, it appears he got a twelve! That is an excellent grade!"