Chapter 24- The 58th Annual Hunger Games

"I present to you, Ximena Katherine!" President Snow announced as Ximena walked onto the stage. They waved, and the crowd went wild, but they knew their life would never be the same. After the many, many interviews, Ximena was given time to themself. They were supplied with a room, food, and clothes, plus a strange CD. They grabbed the CD and put it into the TV that was sat on the wall, then immediately ripped it out- it was the reruns of the games.

Ximena's mentor walked in a few minutes later. "The train is here to take you home." He held his hand out, which Ximena grabbed a bit reluctantly.

"Let's get out of here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the train, Ximena was silent. They sat there, staring out the window, while their crew celebrated. They watched the scenery change as the vehicle rumbled along the tracks. They were headed back to District One to see their family. They had to see Haliey's family, too... The train pulled into the station and Ximena let out a large breath.

"Ready?" their mentor asked.

"No." Ximena got up quickly and walked out of the train to see the people of their district.

"Welcome back, winner of the 58th Annual Hunger Games!"